Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CS-250 Battery VT Fault

Options
  • 05-01-2010 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭

Hi we have the Aritech CS-250. Had the amber trouble light flashing for a while now. Found the manual and followed through some of the menus to get to the diagnostics. Comes up with "Battery VT Fault". After searching a few other posts I am guessing it might be the standby battery inside the main panel. The alarm system has been in for about 4-5 years now so its probably due a replacement.

Assuming I am correct - what type of battery is this and any ideas where to get one from eg: Maplins? I have a mate who is a sparky so he can probably do this with his eyes closed but I will need to have everything sorted for him so I don't mess him around. .

Saw something else about an engineers code being necessary to prevent tampering with the case. Presumably this will be the default value, I hope. Cheers in advance and happy new year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

basill wrote: »
    Hi we have the Aritech CS-250. Had the amber trouble light flashing for a while now. Found the manual and followed through some of the menus to get to the diagnostics. Comes up with "Battery VT Fault". After searching a few other posts I am guessing it might be the standby battery inside the main panel. The alarm system has been in for about 4-5 years now so its probably due a replacement.

Assuming I am correct - what type of battery is this and any ideas where to get one from eg: Maplins? I have a mate who is a sparky so he can probably do this with his eyes closed but I will need to have everything sorted for him so I don't mess him around. .

Saw something else about an engineers code being necessary to prevent tampering with the case. Presumably this will be the default value, I hope. Cheers in advance and happy new year.

Hi basill,

You wont need the eng code unless the installer has the eng reset set up on the alarm. It should not be but you know in advance of opening the main alarm panel incase it is. You could take a cover off a sensor, enter your user code to turn the alarm off and it will show a tamper on the alarm, replace the cover and if the fault light goes off you dont need the eng code. When you open the panel just enter your user code to turn off the alarm when it goes off. Replace the battery with a 12v 7.2ah battery, you can get these in maplins or any supplier of alarm equipment.

Any problems let me know..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

As Altor said and when you're finished and the lid is screwed back on you will need to enter your code and press OK, this will clear the faults from the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

Thanks for the quick replies.I take it this is what I am after? Didn't realise they were so substantial.

http://www.patrickhoare.ie/battery_12_v.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Thanks for the quick replies.I take it this is what I am after? Didn't realise they were so substantial.

Yes, but the battery above is a 2.8 Amp I would reccommend you get a 7 Amp battery, It will power the system for longer if there's a power cut and they're about the same price.

That battery will work but i would recommend you use a 12v 7.2ah battery. lasts twice as long as the other battery in the event the power fails in your house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Phoenix3

The battery you need will cost you approx€35 in Maplins-Your local electrical wholesaler will charge approx €15.

Phoenix3 wrote: »
    The battery you need will cost you approx€35 in Maplins-Your local electrical wholesaler will charge approx €15.

Thank god i never get my batteries in there at that price :eek:
    €12-€15 is about the price of them..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

Thanks for all the help. Forewarned is forearmed as they say. I see O'Reillys in Santry have them so I will toddle off there. Cheers again.

Advertisement