Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bennettsbridge 1940's-1960's

Options
  • 05-01-2010 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi,

Am tracing a family tree which seems to be leading me to Bennettsbridge in the 1940's -1960's. Would anyone know where to look for old photos or books or newspaper articles of this town/village (?). Any advice or help would be appreciated.

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Lord ButterSlip

Mary Flood in Rothe House, Parlament St, Kilkenny offers the service of tracing back accesters in kilkennyfor a fee or the Library in rothe house is another place to do it yourself. But are you trying to go forward or back in your history?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭gfmason

Lord Butterslip

Thanks for your message. In a way, I am trying to go back as far as 1940 and work my way forward to today. The trouble I am coming up against is that a lot of records go back 100-150 years but very few seem to cover the last 60 years or so. I am looking for a family who would have lived in Bennettsbridge in the 1940's but no-one seems to remember them. There is a possibility that they moved away from the area sometime in the 1950's.

gfmason

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Lord ButterSlip

The prob with researching recent people is that 1 they might still be alive so any records of them would not be available the public and 2 even if they are dead there records could still be protected under privacy laws. Do you mind if i ask is it the Mason family you are looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭gfmason

Butterslip, Have sent you a PM re. family name...gfmason

Advertisement