Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social Science BSc

• 05-01-2010 7:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

I recently completed a Social Science degree. I wanted to go into Psychology but due to having to very small children I had to attend a local Uni so had to choose the Social Science route then do a conversion to psych. However the more and more I learnt about Psychology, the less and less it interested me for reasons that are my own and I will keeo to myself so as not to unintentionally insult someone. The problem I am having now is I have no idea what to do or even what COULD I do with a degree in Social Sciences. So I have a few questions I hope that someone could help me with.

A) What on earth could I do with this degree that does not involve social work (dont really want a job in social work)

B) If I were to pursue another degree (which of course I will have to pay for) at the Institute of Sligo (Im thinking forensic science) am I entitled to any help at all?

Thanks in adavnce. I think like many graduates I am stuck in the land of 'what do I do?'!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭daragh_k

Montymud wrote: »
    I recently completed a Social Science degree. I wanted to go into Psychology but due to having to very small children I had to attend a local Uni so had to choose the Social Science route then do a conversion to psych. However the more and more I learnt about Psychology, the less and less it interested me for reasons that are my own and I will keeo to myself so as not to unintentionally insult someone. The problem I am having now is I have no idea what to do or even what COULD I do with a degree in Social Sciences. So I have a few questions I hope that someone could help me with.

A) What on earth could I do with this degree that does not involve social work (dont really want a job in social work)

B) If I were to pursue another degree (which of course I will have to pay for) at the Institute of Sligo (Im thinking forensic science) am I entitled to any help at all?

Thanks in adavnce. I think like many graduates I am stuck in the land of 'what do I do?'!:D

I would also be interested in hearing peoples views on this. Im am currenly thinking of going back as a mature student and am looking around for a course. For some reason I keep coming back to Social Science as the course content interests me but im struggling to see what career this will lead to.

Advertisement