Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting A Bit Worried

• 05-01-2010 7:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

Mazda Demio, 1999 even when engine is warm, a few times when after being stopped to let a car pass then I move off in 1st gear and car kinda grabs or jumps forward for a secend and then almost stalls and jumps again and I coak it after that but feel I'm headin for trouble soon;

I have got a near stall in 3rd or 4th gear but put it down to cold weather or maybe its all due to dirty petrol.

Had the plugs and timing belt renewed last year and it was grand. Under 50k mls up and wonder if it's the start of clutch problems, althought there's no slipping or hight revs on hills.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

Could be any number of reasons for the "jumping" as you call
    it, best to get a mechanic to check your car over, maybe a diagnostic
    check because it could be an engine sensor problem if its
    not a clutch/gearbox thats at fault.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

thanks Muckie I noticed the morning on start up when idling there was a kind of sizzling or slight squealing noise, seems to be near the fan belt pulley or the alternator.

After having the timing belt renewed recently would it be possible the fan belt was over stretched/tightened and now has damage the water pump bearing? No sign of any water leaks though.

Advertisement