Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog fouling

Options
  • 05-01-2010 7:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭

I live in an quiet estate. My door opens onto a public path.
    for the last month or so there has been dog muck on the grass area beside my door. Yesterday, it was yet again walked into my carpet. Stomach churning smell.
    I cant seem to catch the dog walker (or walkers in the act). Im at my wits end.

Its hunterwood in sallins.

Please help. Is there any method in which to discourage this disgusting act ? My kid got it all over himself last week.

F

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Frogy

Ugh!! There is nothing as bad as the smell as dog s**te. I could be totally wrong but I'm sure I heard that dogs dont like the smell of lemon? I think a friend rubbed it on the legs of her furniture to keep the dog from chewing. Maybe leave some cut lemon around the area and the dog will move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭roxiesmammy

my daughter is going through the same thing, every morning when she gets up their is dog s***e all over garden. she has 2 small kids as well and they keep draggin it over the house.
    she is at her wits as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭Blueprint

Some people are terrible OK, my estate has got really bad over the last couple of months, makes me positively embarrassed to walk my dog through it as I feel people will be blaming us....

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Mjollnir

gsxr1 wrote: »
    I live in an quiet estate. My door opens onto a public path.
    for the last month or so there has been dog muck on the grass area beside my door. Yesterday, it was yet again walked into my carpet. Stomach churning smell.
    I cant seem to catch the dog walker (or walkers in the act). Im at my wits end.

Its hunterwood in sallins.

Please help. Is there any method in which to discourage this disgusting act ? My kid got it all over himself last week.

F

<snip>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Mjollnir we do not advocate violence of any sort

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

I feel your pain, a neighbour of mine lets her dog out and he does a dump on my doorstep every day, drives me nuts. Cos everyone knows I have dogs they either assume it's mine, or think I don't mind dog sh*t for some reason (!)

In my estate growing up everyone had a 2 litre plastic bottle full of water in their garden, it was meant to discourage the dogs or cats coming in, something to do with the water evaporating making noises only animals could hear and they didn't like it. Never tried it myself but saw bottles in tons of gardens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

Blueprint wrote: »
    Some people are terrible OK, my estate has got really bad over the last couple of months, makes me positively embarrassed to walk my dog through it as I feel people will be blaming us....

I owned a dog a few years ago myself. I know that feeling. but i always had a plastic bag in mypocket to clean up.

its really bad. I would wonder what the offenders would think if some one pooped on their door step. Same stuff..

There is a very real danger with kids rubbing there eyes with soiled hands. I have read that it can cause blindness.

But. is there a chemical with a smell that would send the dog running with out harming them or the kids?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

Actually there is a product I've used a couple of times, called 'Get Off - my garden'. You can buy it in big hardwares, it's a gel crystal repellant that has a smell that is meant to discourage the dogs and cats, doesn't harm kids though, and doesn't break down in the rain. You have to shake more gel crystals out every couple of weeks. Doesn't harm grass either.

Shaking ground pepper around the area is meant to work too but you have to re-do it everytime it rains, too much hard work for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭doubleglaze

You could bring it to the attention of your Neighbourhood Watch scheme / Residential Association.

Have a note popped in every door in your estate with something along the following lines written on it:

Dog fouling

For the last month or so there has been dog muck on the grass area beside my door. Yesterday, it was yet again walked into my carpet. Stomach churning smell. My kid got it all over himself last week.

Please help. If you have a dog, don't let it roam unsupervised. If your dog fouls, pick up your dog's waste.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Mjollnir

star-pants wrote: »
    Mjollnir we do not advocate violence of any sort

But of course, neither did I in that post you snipped.

• Advertisement

Mjollnir wrote: »
    But of course, neither did I in that post you snipped.

So threatening someone and their dog with a shotgun isn't remotely indicating violence? I suggest you read the charter and take heed of mod warnings in future before posting again. And if you have further issue you may take it to pm.

star-pants wrote: »
    So threatening someone and their dog with a shotgun isn't remotely indicating violence? I suggest you read the charter and take heed of mod warnings in future before posting again. And if you have further issue you may take it to pm.
    <snip>

049kidwithgunDM_468x325.jpg

I have a hired hit man on the look out at the ready.

waiting. :D first sign of a poop and bang!!!

hhehehe[/quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭tesslab

ya can also get that "get off" stuff in dunnes garden section

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

I feel your pain, a neighbour of mine lets her dog out and he does a dump on my doorstep every day, drives me nuts. Cos everyone knows I have dogs they either assume it's mine, or think I don't mind dog sh*t for some reason (!)

In my estate growing up everyone had a 2 litre plastic bottle full of water in their garden, it was meant to discourage the dogs or cats coming in, something to do with the water evaporating making noises only animals could hear and they didn't like it. Never tried it myself but saw bottles in tons of gardens.

The water bottle is because a lot of animals do not poop near fresh water.
    It wont keep animals away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Paul91

could ring the dog warden?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Is it someone walking their dog or a dog left loose around the estate?

There's nothing more annoying then people who just let there dogs outside leaving them get up to everything and anything and not caring whether their dog has an affect on anyone else in an estate.

I don't know if it will last outside for very long but dogs hate the smell of teatree oil. Dilute it in a spray bottle and spray it around outside your house and see if it has an affect.

gsxr1 don't quote me and make a joke of a mod warning - infracted
    And to make it QUITE clear to all posters - no indicating/insinuating/advocating/gesturing/supporting/*insert other such words here* of any form of violence thank you.

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Is it someone walking their dog or a dog left loose around the estate?

There's nothing more annoying then people who just let there dogs outside leaving them get up to everything and anything and not caring whether their dog has an affect on anyone else in an estate.

I don't know if it will last outside for very long but dogs hate the smell of teatree oil. Dilute it in a spray bottle and spray it around outside your house and see if it has an affect.

naw i dont think it is. No stays would be running around here. But will be keeping my eye out.

star pant. would ya wind your neck in a bit.. DONT MAKE A JOKE OF A MOD. :pac:

have ya lost the run of your self Garda starpants .

Dont be postin kids with toy guns .... for the love of jasus

Pets issue month ban impending by hitler so thanks to all for your help..

gsxr1 just to make sure you're seen as a martyr I'll make it 2months
    oh.. and I said don't make fun of a mod 'warning'.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement