Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Research help asked, please

• 05-01-2010 7:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭

Good evening.

As part of research for a book on Ireland, I am seeking accurate figures for Muslims in Ireland now and over the last five years.

If anyone can provide this, I would be so very grateful.

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭hivizman

I don't have up to date figures, but there was a discussion last year in this thread in which the Census data from 2006 relating to the number of Muslims in Ireland was fairly closely analysed. This gives a link to the relevant Census report. You may be able to extrapolate from the Census data to more recent years, though I doubt if the annualised growth rate since 2006 is as large as that between the 2002 and 2006 Censuses (from about 19,500 to about 32,500 is equivalent to an annual growth rate of about 14%).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

For this kindness, thank you

Our ongoing awareness is that the high growth rate is if anything increasing.
    hivizman wrote: »
    I don't have up to date figures, but there was a discussion last year in this thread in which the Census data from 2006 relating to the number of Muslims in Ireland was fairly closely analysed. This gives a link to the relevant Census report. You may be able to extrapolate from the Census data to more recent years, though I doubt if the annualised growth rate since 2006 is as large as that between the 2002 and 2006 Censuses (from about 19,500 to about 32,500 is equivalent to an annual growth rate of about 14%).

Advertisement