Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Such a day!!

• 05-01-2010 8:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭

Had to go to the dentist earlier, went to park in a very tight spot, thought I could make it, turned out I couldn't and I ended up scraping the side of the parked car to my left. (small paint job will fix it) I went to a shop to write a note to stick on the windscreen of the other car, when I came out the owner was about to get into their car without noticing the damage. I suppose I could have been dishonourable and let them go away and say nothing but I wouldn't like someone to do it to me so I stopped them and gave them my number.

Then I went to the dentist came out and was driving home, the roads weren't too bad and I was doing 60 on an 80 road when I hit a patch of ice, car spun out from under me and went to the other side of the road, the guy in the on coming car panicked and swerved too, with a lot of panic and steering wheel movement we managed to avoid eachother, then I was still swerving all over the place, went into a verge bounced up over the end of an embankment, back down on the road and managed to stop right in front of a barbed wire fence post.

The car has no damage to it and I have no damage either. Think how guilty I would be feeling if I had of done a runner on the parked car.......would have though karma was kickin my ass.

Be careful out there people :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

you were lucky.

You do know that you'll now get lectured about the fact that you had 2 near misses in one day...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

colm_mcm wrote: »
    you were lucky.

You do know that you'll now get lectured about the fact that you had 2 near misses in one day...
    Well, one. He hit the other one! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

you were lucky.

oh contrare mon frere!!

I had one near miss.....I hit the first one :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

you were still lucky!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 AdyDurn

Much damage done by the bounce in the verge?

• Advertisement

you were still lucky!

I was more than lucky, I will remember the look of fear in that driver's eyes for a long long time......as i'm sure he will mine!!

AdyDurn wrote: »
    Much damage done by the bounce in the verge?

No it's fine, it needs a new cv joint from hitting a crater sized pothole a month or so ago so I am happy it happened before I got it fixed. The car will be lying up for a year now from the end of february anyway cos I'm heading away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭Damien360

cloneslad wrote: »
    Had to go to the dentist earlier, went to park in a very tight spot, thought I could make it, turned out I couldn't and I ended up scraping the side of the parked car to my left. (small paint job will fix it) I went to a shop to write a note to stick on the windscreen of the other car, when I came out the owner was about to get into their car without noticing the damage. I suppose I could have been dishonourable and let them go away and say nothing but I wouldn't like someone to do it to me so I stopped them and gave them my number.
    )

Congrats for your honesty

Nobody here said well done for having the honesty to tell the other driver that you scrapped his car. Now if you had said you drove away and parked elsewhere and said nothing there would have been howls heard for miles.

Damien360 wrote: »
    Congrats for your honesty

Nobody here said well done for having the honesty to tell the other driver that you scrapped his car. Now if you had said you drove away and parked elsewhere and said nothing there would have been howls heard for miles.

Thanks, I would hate it to happen to me so there is no way I would do it to others.

Advertisement