Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radio on Blackberry

Options
  • 05-01-2010 8:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

The Blackberry curve does not have a radio player installed, any suggestions where can down load this.

I found some apps on Blackberry.com but all are American stations.

Has anyone found useful apps for the Blackberry.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The US ones are just streaming im guessing than a radio. You could do the same here, stream from rte other site etc but it will be using data rather then a normal readio

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭The_Devil

Has anyone found a solution to listening to the radio on the curve? I tried to listen to a few online, spin and today fM for example, but it said that there was no media player detected on my device. There are media player apps but they seem expensive. Anyone got an idea how I can get to listen to a radio station?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 BrianDaly

Hi, try the Nobex Radio Companion. Has a lot of stations worldwide and from Ireland on it including Phantom in Dublin, Newstalk, 98, 4FM, Spin, WLR, East Coast, Sunshine and more.

Download link: http://www.nobexrc.com/Download.aspx

Note - as far as I know, on the standard version you only get access to the stations in your country.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭CivilEx

The Absoute Radio app (from App World) has 80's, Absolute, 90's, Classic Rock and Absoute Radio Extra

One of the favourite apps for my 9700 as you can let it run in the background streaming while you do other stuff

Edit: Download TuneIn from radiotime.com/bb on your blackberry. It seems to have pretty much all of the Irish Stations

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Jarndyce

CivilEx wrote: »
    Edit: Download TuneIn from radiotime.com/bb on your blackberry. It seems to have pretty much all of the Irish Stations

I just downloaded this and I find that it keeps stopping and buffering. I thought it might just be the app so I tried Nobex Radio Companion and I'm having the same problem with that.

Any ideas as to what to do?

• Advertisement

Jarndyce wrote: »
    I just downloaded this and I find that it keeps stopping and buffering. I thought it might just be the app so I tried Nobex Radio Companion and I'm having the same problem with that.

Any ideas as to what to do?

Buffering might be a sign that it isn't getting the data fast enough. Can you try it where you have either wifi or a 3G signal?

Gprs definitely isn't fast enough and probably edge as well depending on the bitrate from the radio station

Edit: I just tried a few Stations on Edge a it was ok (a small amount of buffering)

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Jarndyce

CivilEx wrote: »
    Buffering might be a sign that it isn't getting the data fast enough. Can you try it where you have either wifi or a 3G signal?

Gprs definitely isn't fast enough and probably edge as well depending on the bitrate from the radio station

Edit: I just tried a few Stations on Edge a it was ok (a small amount of buffering)

I was using it on Wifi. I solved the problem though. On TuneIn there is an option to change the stream source. I changed it to 32kbps instead of 64kbps and it was fine.

Jarndyce wrote: »
    I was using it on Wifi. I solved the problem though. On TuneIn there is an option to change the stream source. I changed it to 32kbps instead of 64kbps and it was fine.
    Nice one.

I just spotted in the setting part of the app that you can set "buffer before playing" to anything from 5 to 60 seconds or automatic. This might help also if you only had a source at the higher rate of 64kbps

Advertisement