Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightclubs in Clonmel

Options
  • 05-01-2010 4:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

hey can anyone give me a review of all the nightclubs in clonmel because im going there soon and want to know which place is the best

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

There are three main ones: O' Keeffes, the Posthouse and Danno's.

It's a very debatable issue as to which is the best etc. but personally I favour O' Keeffes, it's free, fairly big to move around in and me and my friends have been accustomed to it.

Dannos is another place in town, above Mulcahys pub, I don't know what's with it as it's open one week and not the next. The admission prices vary too, sometimes €5 to €10.

Posthouse is fine but hardly ever go there, I find it to have an older crowd, it's free but the beer is more expensive in there.

Sorry for the quick run through, bearing in mind I stay in the one place and all this is heavily debatable, if you've an particular questions, fire away.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭hblock21

Best of a very bad choice; O' Keeffes? the Posthouse? or Danno's?

Dannos is definitely out unless your 16 years old.

O Keeffes is free and ok

Porthouse never been there.

So I'd choose O' Keeffes!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭pooch90

They're all fairly sh*t to be honest! O'Keeffes can be ok at times but has a tendency to be full of knacks. If you've a good crowd with you Danno's can be good but as said only opens when it wants to. There's a new place open beside Phil Carrolls(not sure of name) but meant to be good craic. Posthouse is fairly boring and lots of dirty old men staring at the young ones. all in all clonmel is a kip!

pooch90 wrote: »
    They're all fairly sh*t to be honest! O'Keeffes can be ok at times but has a tendency to be full of knacks. If you've a good crowd with you Danno's can be good but as said only opens when it wants to. There's a new place open beside Phil Carrolls(not sure of name) but meant to be good craic. Posthouse is fairly boring and lots of dirty old men staring at the young ones. all in all clonmel is a kip!

Bakers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

The Bakers bar does not have a late bar though,normal pub hours only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

Isnt Bakers being run by O'Keeffes ?

ciano1 wrote: »
    Isnt Bakers being run by O'Keeffes ?

Yup. A barman who was working in the pub/nightclub is managing the place now. Price of Guiness is atound 60c more in there in comparision to some of the other pubs around. Still continuing to do it up, looked pretty bad from the outside when I passed there, supposed it's just opened.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

Yup. A barman who was working in the pub/nightclub is managing the place now. Price of Guiness is atound 60c more in there in comparision to some of the other pubs around. Still continuing to do it up, looked pretty bad from the outside when I passed there, supposed it's just opened.

Its basically an extension of O Keffees i.e cheap drink, late hours and a healthy dollop of knackers.

Phil Carrols cant be happy with their new neighbours.

PhatPhiggins, have you been in there? Can you give a more detailed account, just very curious of what the pub is like. :)

I heard that a pint of Guinness is 60c more than some pubs, made me wonder if there just looking for an 'upper' crowd and get them settled in but I could be wrong, new pub plenty of 'barred' drinkers going to be chancing their arm!

Pinky/OP, have you come to Clonmel yet? You haven't posted a reply to your thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM

It might even be time for them to put a man on the door of Phils, to deal with the refusals from Bakers.

• Advertisement

It might even be time for them to put a man on the door of Phils, to deal with the refusals from Bakers.

Yeah I heard that too. Doorman for a small pub like Phils would be big expense. Notived they had one over Christmas which is ok when its jammers but on a quiet jan/feb night!

Pity because I do enjoy the relaxed mood of Phil's

If it does turn to that, The Coachman/Parnell and Morans would have to adopt a similar policy I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Just walked past Bakers this morning, certainly a work in progress! Was in there last week, 4 Euro for a Guinness whilst the Coachman is 3.55 I think, will be interesting to see how it does once fully open, especially with it being next to Phils!

Brgds
    Johnny

If it does turn to that, The Coachman/Parnell and Morans would have to adopt a similar policy I'd imagine.

No need for doormen as I think they'd be happy with any extra customers at all to be honest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 I Love Tea

Its basically an extension of O Keffees i.e cheap drink, late hours and a healthy dollop of knackers.

I have been in it and its not an extension of O Keeffe's it doesn't open late doesn't have a dj and the music is low key. Its a nice place for a pint without having to put up with screaming teenagers and the heat from the two open fires really hit the spot considering it was frezing out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭tipp86

pinky1992 wrote: »
    hey can anyone give me a review of all the nightclubs in clonmel because im going there soon and want to know which place is the best

Im guessing by your username your not that old !

Just go to mulcahys and then on to o keffes at 12ish . If you dont like what you see there head to dannos.

Bear in mind okeffes wont get going until 1 or so.

Okeffes ( all bars in 1 building )

1st bar - oldish people and quiet relaxed

2nd bar - all sorts young and old can be found there decent i quiet like it

3rd bar - bit menatl maybe even rough at times

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I Love Tea wrote: »
    ...and the heat from the two open fires really hit the spot considering it was frezing out

You have just sold it to me !

No need for doormen as I think they'd be happy with any extra customers at all to be honest

There's a line between looking for business and accepting anybody.

Coachman is doing quite well for itself, it doesn't 'need' customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

I have been in it and its not an extension of O Keeffe's it doesn't open late doesn't have a dj and the music is low key. Its a nice place for a pint without having to put up with screaming teenagers and the heat from the two open fires really hit the spot considering it was frezing out

Open fires...A nice pint....and from what I read the Ryan's will be there on Monday night's....they used to play Mondays in Lonergans....good session...Jaysus I will chance a pint I think....And a round for the thread subscribers:D

DT100 wrote: »
    Open fires...A nice pint....and from what I read the Ryan's will be there on Monday night's....they used to play Mondays in Lonergans....good session...Jaysus I will chance a pint I think....And a round for the thread subscribers:D

Hmm, interesting. ;)

• Advertisement

Sounds promising, I was in there briefly over Christmas and it only looked half finished. There was a bunch of arseholes in there so I left after one, but seeing as it was Christmas there were probably similar groups everywhere.

We could use a decent music bar up that end of town so hopefully it works out.

There's a line between looking for business and accepting anybody.

Coachman is doing quite well for itself, it doesn't 'need' customers.

They said that about Lonergans too. The only thing saving some of the bars on Parnell street is that they are owner occupied and dont have to deal with rent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Its has a differant setting than o'keeffes yes but it is run by Fergal<fergus?> o'keeffe, o'keeffes bar staff work there and when finished up<as standard pub closing time> go over behind the bar in o'keeffes as does the Doorman.

Nice settting open fires a nice touch, however the toilets one cubicle and one urinal in the male toilets and only one toliet for the females so if its busy and your near bursting...........well lets hope their no weak bladder issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

so anyway one new pub opening and how many closing? :rolleyes:
    they could do with giving the outside a lick of paint eh?
    I'm sure the prices are as outrageous as the rest of the pubs in town!
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I passed down by it last week and there were workmen putting up a new shopfront on the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭pooch90

pinky1992 wrote: »

So, have you gone to the 'Mel yet???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭sonic boom

probably did and got beatin up on the street after o'keefes like most people did at some stage :)

sonic boom wrote: »
    probably did and got beatin up on the street after o'keefes like most people did at some stage :)

Guess I'm counting myself lucky so. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Heading out for a few tonight for a mates birthday..probably end up in O'Keefes. Let you know how I get on, not expecting much I believe the place is a right cattle market lately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Yep...its a cattle market! Had the pleasure of having a drink spilt on me, and spent most of the night walking on broken glass. Outstanding place.

Advertisement