Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So is this a super wireless receiver?

Options
  • 05-01-2010 8:41pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭

was just browsing DX, and came accross this. seems to be new in with no reviews
    check it out
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.31911
    So say I am for instance sitting iny my car, and I can't receive me n series routers connection I could plug this in and it will find it ya think? :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

The specs only give transmission power (800 mW) but no indication of receive gain but i would assume it would be more sensitive.
    At that price, it would be worth a try.

I've used boosters (not the same thing, I know) with good results.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

It might help if you told us where the car is relative to the router?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Ah no, its nothing to do with the car at all sorry.
    I was just using it as an example
    I mean like if I go 100 metres down the road with my laptop and can't get a wireless signal, if I plug this device in, does it have a wider search facility as in it can "search" for further distances

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Dunno what the chipset is or gain on antenna, so my answer is: Dunno.

Advertisement