Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quinn Healthcare - experience?

Options
  • 05-01-2010 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

Hi

Does anyone have any experience dealing with Quinn Healthcare?

I'm currently with VHI and thinking of changing now that prices are going up AGAIN. Are Quinn good/helpful?

Good and bad experiences sought!

Thanks.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭sesna

Nesie wrote: »
    Hi

Does anyone have any experience dealing with Quinn Healthcare?

I'm currently with VHI and thinking of changing now that prices are going up AGAIN. Are Quinn good/helpful?

Good and bad experiences sought!

Thanks.

I turned my back on any of Sean Quinn's ventures after the case of John Deegan - a farther of 5 who was a passenger in a car that crashed in 2003. He was left paraplegic, the other driver admitted fault and Deegan claimed against that drivers Quinn insurance. The company refused to pay claiming his injuries had been sustained after a fall from a 3rd storey balcony.

In court six years later Quinn were shown to have no evidence and were in possession of a Garda report stating there was no evidence supporting a fall. Quinn settled for 1.75 million euro which was accepted.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/insurers-ditch-fraud-claims-against-paraplegic-1609695.html

Advertisement