Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Winter tyres

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

kennyb3 wrote: »
    how long were your tyres in the depot in lehrte? mine are there since sunday night now with no movement. did the sme link they sent you constantly update. i ve tried the uk and ire sites and there is nothing for my parcel on them. it will be 3 weeks friday since i ordered.

tyrew.jpg

all of them are pretty much identical to that/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Mine arrived today, they are still showing on the DPD system as being in Oldbury.
    I ordered them last Wednesday and they issued a confirmation email the next day.
    Now to get them fitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭GTE

SV wrote: »
    tyrew.jpg

Everything seems to go through Athlone.

I was waiting for delivery to Navan and then it says they were successfully delivered to someone near Athlone. I thought the whole order got fecked.

Glad to hear you sorted out the mixup SV.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

tyrew.jpg

Thanks a mill, mine are just stuck at the lehrte stage. Just got a mail from DPD (fair play to them on the quick response) just saying there is a backlog re the weather and xmas. So i ll just have to be extra patient

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

Thanks a mill, mine are just stuck at the lehrte stage. Just got a mail from DPD (fair play to them on the quick response) just saying there is a backlog re the weather and xmas. So i ll just have to be extra patient

Finally got my tyres from eiretyres.com just now. Ordered them six days ago, so that's not too bad. Unfortunately, Greg's Tyre Service in Monkstown (my local suggested fitter) doesn't seem to exist any more.... anyone got a suggestion for a fitter in the Deansgrange/Stillorgan/Dun Laoghaire area ?

Cheers!

• Advertisement

Update in oldbury, so hopefully have them sat morning, if not it will be monday id guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

Ended up getting 4 part-worn tyres in Tyreland on Tuesday. Got 2 continental and 2 goodyear tyres - all grade A (at least 6mm thread). €190 all in so was happy

We still have ice and snow on the roads at home and there's a huge difference. You still have to drive sensibly but at least you feel in control of the car and it's not just slipping and sliding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Finally got some part worn Semperit winters, €35 a corner fitted,, about half worn tyres, happy out, the only others I could source were €115 a corner ... I'm interested to see how much better than the all-weather's I had on the Zafira cos it's a bit light in the snow..

bbam wrote: »
    Finally got some part worn Semperit winters, €35 a corner fitted,, about half worn tyres, happy out, the only others I could source were €115 a corner ... I'm interested to see how much better than the all-weather's I had on the Zafira cos it's a bit light in the snow..
    You ll never get a better opportunity than this weekend, given what is forecast

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

brownian wrote: »
    Finally got my tyres from eiretyres.com just now. Ordered them six days ago, so that's not too bad. Unfortunately, Greg's Tyre Service in Monkstown (my local suggested fitter) doesn't seem to exist any more.... anyone got a suggestion for a fitter in the Deansgrange/Stillorgan/Dun Laoghaire area ?

Cheers!
    Sandyford Tyres will do them for you for €15 a corner.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

Looking forward to giving the Vredstein Wintrac 4 Xtremes a good run out this weekend :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 knoweledgeman

I am glad I saw the video Igot winter tyres in January 2010 and have enjoyed hassle free driving over the last two weeks . it seems that we will have thweather for the next couple of years .
    Look into a set ,the will apy their way .

Just got them.
    Sent others back.

Now we better get some serious feckin snow!

On the way. Belfast is getting caked at the moment :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

bbk wrote: »
    On the way. Belfast is getting caked at the moment :p

heavy-snow.jpg
    2wdnew4.jpg

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Biglad

Just took the Ice Bear's out for their first run in the snow. Went straight up to my nemises, steep climb in to the village. Only have just under an inch of snow down, slightly compacted, drove up it as if there was nothing at all on the road from a standing start, two weeks a go i got beaten by this climb twice :D

I don't care what anybody says but my car is transformed after fitting these winter tyres. I could already see people struggling in the usual places, my ESP light has not flashed up once so far whilst two weeks a go i was worried that the bulb would burn out on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Biglad wrote: »
    I don't care what anybody says but my car is transformed after fitting these winter tyres.
    That's what everyone says when they first drive on winters.:)

Any recommendations for a fitter in north dublin, in normal circumstances id travel somewhere to get it as cheap as possible. but convenience is the top priority now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

Any recommendations for a fitter in north dublin, in normal circumstances id travel somewhere to get it as cheap as possible. but convenience is the top priority now.

Nearest to you I can think of is

Malahide Tyres
    Unit 1 Feltrim Ind Park Feltrim rd Swords Co. Dublin
    (01)8403856

they fitted tyres for me a few years back, good service

Absurdum wrote: »
    Nearest to you I can think of is

Malahide Tyres
    Unit 1 Feltrim Ind Park Feltrim rd Swords Co. Dublin
    (01)8403856

they fitted tyres for me a few years back, good service
    Thanks, sound promising was just worried some places might turn down the fitting only business - but i guess thats a thing of the past these days

Thanks, sound promising was just worried some places might turn down the fitting only business - but i guess thats a thing of the past these days

My local guy charged me 35 Euro...gave him 50 and told him happy xmas :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

On the way. Belfast is getting caked at the moment

Not quite like the above, yet. More like this
    cameraimage.aspx?id=8&temp=1216213639

ardmacha wrote: »
    Not quite like the above, yet. More like this
    cameraimage.aspx?id=8&temp=1216213639

Indeed, a few steady falls of snow the past few hours. About 2 inchs on undisturbed ground now.

EDIT:
    Tis hoofing it down now lads! Nearly three inches on the roof of the wagon!
    The "How are the roads" thread will be alive and kicking soon. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Planning on trying to pick up a set of part worn's for the legacy later on, thinking I may have left it a bit late though and find stock thin on the ground given the upcoming forecasts. Should make for an interesting drive if I get them sorted though, or a fun afternoon of legging it around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

Anan1 wrote: »
    Sandyford Tyres will do them for you for €15 a corner.

Thanks Anan1. I also heard back from onthespottyres, who quoted 20 a corner (presumably including call-out to my house). But in the end I got them fitted locally.

Right lads i finally got mine on the 3 series. I previously was on a brand new set of eagle F1's (summers) and couldnt get up a small hill out of my estate a few of the days 2 weeks ago. And one day i abandoned the car in work as i just couldnt move it.

Today i had the best fun ever driving the backroads from julianstown to stamullen. Plenty of snow and not one skid and only once did i manage to get the traction light on. I tackled many a big snowy hill.

The difference was absolutely ridiculous. Was actually kind of fun (in a mean way) watching other cars struggle around. I love my winters!

Right lads i finally got mine on the 3 series. I previously was on a brand new set of eagle F1's (summers) and couldnt get up a small hill out of my estate a few of the days 2 weeks ago. And one day i abandoned the car in work as i just couldnt move it.

Today i had the best fun ever driving the backroads from julianstown to stamullen. Plenty of snow and not one skid and only once did i manage to get the traction light on. I tackled many a big snowy hill.

The difference was absolutely ridiculous. Was actually kind of fun (in a mean way) watching other cars struggle around. I love my winters!

Is it an E46? What ones did you get?

I am having great fun converting a friend to winter spec tyres these days. My humble diesel Golf is whipping his E46 since I got my winter spec tyres.:pac:

bbk wrote: »
    Is it an E46? What ones did you get?

I am having great fun converting a friend to winter spec tyres these days. My humble diesel Golf is whipping his E46 since I got my winter spec tyres.:pac:
    yeah e46, put a set of dunlop winter sport 3d, got them in 16's and bought a spare set of alloys cheap.

Bit of hassle but glad i did it now after today.

I'm probably starting to repeat myself but oh my god how good are my winter tyres and how many idiots are there with summer tyres taking chances.
    Left Letterkenny today at about 5PM, traffic bumper to bumper. Decided to go out the "back road" as to avoid traffic going for the easy route, which means climbing a reasonably steep hill in the direction of St. Eunans College (locals will know the road),
    I was totally flabbergasted by the amount of morons in cars, vans and even taxi's trying to get up that road whilst not having the slightest chance to get there. There were vehicles sliding all over the place including backwards and in to oncoming down hill traffic, total bloody chaos. I managed to get round the obstacles and go on my merry way but what were these drivers thinking? Stopping to give people a push wasn't an option as most cars were sliding backwards at some stage which made pushing to dangerous. The total disrespect shown by these people for the road conditions is absolutely unreal.
    Lastly I was shocked by the amount of vehicles which were completely covered in snow, including there headlights, why oh why?

My winter tyres have proven to be worth every single penny and many friends and family members have been able to benefit from my (companies) investment and will get there own set asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Piri

I saw a car today 99% covered with snow and doing 30 mph on M8 :D

• Advertisement

heavy-snow.jpg

So much for that! I was looking forward to some heavy snow and some excuses to go out driving in it but there has been feck all in the east midlands. :(

Advertisement