Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roads in Macroom

Options
  • 05-01-2010 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭

I've heard that the roads in the town are lethal and I won't be back till late every night this week - how are they looking? I'd be very grateful for any / all updates!

Happy New Year to all the Macroomians / Macroomites (???)..............

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭Miaireland

The Roads are very bad alright. Take things very slow. The Bridge and Castle Street were particularly bad today. The roads in the Estates are terrible. Footpath are like glass.

I have seen gritters out but I am not sure what areas they are doing, other than the Killarney road.

This was on the 96fm website

MACROOM ROADS ICY .

05 January 2010
    Main Cork road is passable but with care.
    MACROOM GARDAI REPORT THAT THE MAIN ROAD TO CORK IS PASSABLE BUT WITH CARE .. HOWEVER , BEAL NA BLEATH IS IMPASSABLE AFTER A TRUCK JACKNIFED ON ICE .. THERE ARE ALSO PROBLEMS BETWEEN MACROOM AND MILLSTREET AT CARRIGANIMA BRIDGE... V

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

aw man - I'm not going to get back till late evening this week, already dreading it - thanks for the info though............:o

I'll keep an ear out and post anything that I hear about the roads.

that would be brilliant - I appreciate your help, all other posters thanks too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Roads were fine this morning, looks like the gritters were out last night. There was a strong wind overnight which seems to have brought the temperatures up a little, the car wasn't as frosty as it has been the past week.

Main roads are fine and the gritters are out often enough.

brill - thanks, was around the town today (will be doing a big shop tomorrow, cos I think we'll all be house-bound on Sunday)..........isn't global warming supposed to be WARM!

I know the feeling. I stocked up big time yesterday and ordered a top up of oil. I also got a few more bags of salt for the path.

Miaireland wrote: »
    I know the feeling. I stocked up big time yesterday and ordered a top up of oil. I also got a few more bags of salt for the path.

Was in Dunnes in Bishopstown on Saturday and I have never seen it as busy ever!!! Mind me asking where you got your bags of salt? Was it local? I should really keep some in the shed for extreme conditions such as these...

• Advertisement

Serious flooding on the road from Macroom to Cork this morning, especially between Lissarda and Macroom and also around the Currahaly and Srelane areas.

The overtaking lane of the Ballincollig bypass is still a little icey too.

some thaw wha'!

Advertisement