Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rag week 2010

Options
  • 05-01-2010 9:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

very bored thought i'd start ball rolling on this one. :rolleyes:

What do we hope for with rag week this yr other than obvious :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

something different and some effort into making sure everything done has a bit more professionalism to it.

the €50 in free drink all night idea is a good one it was just run badly the last time, this time give people the choice, €50 in you get a band which gets you free drink, normal price in and you pay for your drink. And have enough staff to man the bars.

they also had a band in the mpc on time too and had a portable bar there too, it was great craic so it was and something actually worth going to during the day. they should look into doing that again.

The wedding day part should be in Newry, its the best venue it was ever in!
    The evening part is harder to place, I cant think of anywhere that it hasn't already been and was ****. Other ideas would be to maybe add food as an option during the day.

The bar should have some serious offers on that week, promotions, competitions, games and stuff, some decent bands would be an idea too.

And for god sake have some sort of communication with lecturers or heads of depts to organise it for a week where work will be light, I had major exams and major projects due the week of rag week for the last two years I was there

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

JEDWARD FOR RAG WEEK!!!!!

That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

The day time venue will be somewhere different FACT ! I know that it is going to be in a top class venue not in this county :-D

Sarge wrote: »
    The day time venue will be somewhere different FACT ! I know that it is going to be in a top class venue not in this county :-D

Pm me! I wont be able to go anyway what with being in the real world now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 louicious09

noway thats surprising :p im excited now ;):D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

aww rag week, the next great excuse to go on the lash for a week!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

That_Guy wrote: »
    JEDWARD FOR RAG WEEK!!!!!

That is all.

if they were to visit i imagine id...ahem

It certainly sounds like an interesting choice :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

It's times like this I wish I didn't become a bum and drop out!

The fifty quid drink and entrance is a bit excessive for students trying to pay bills and rent though. Thirty quid would be way better, I mean they're still gonna make a huge killing! Though the fun of going up north to get drink and getting pissed all day and then going out is way more pleasing in my opinion! I'm gonna try and make it up for a night maybe over Rag Week!

well the fifty quid thing would have to be run right,

I'd gladly pay fifty quid if:

The opening time was early, say 10pm

There will be a guarantee of loads of staff on to make sure the bars aren't over crowded

all drinks are free not just some

there isn't a two drink limit, say 4 or 5

you can leave, get a wrist band and come back at any time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Aikon2009

anybody know if rag week has been change??? thats seems to be the general tone on the message thing on the SU website!

you can vote for where you want the wedding in the dkitsu website

Theres a few things changed including the dates some people have been telling me.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭focus_mad

dates are now the 1st of march i think???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 h_tynan

Yeah, I heard the 1st March too, hope to stay out of bother this year :D

much later than I've ever heard it being, could be a good thing?

My understanding for the delay is that that 60% of students that actually receive the grant from DKIT , will be delayed this month until the end of feb due to the grant been reduced by 5% in the budget.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭injured365

My understanding for the delay is that that 60% of students that actually receive the grant from DKIT , will be delayed this month until the end of feb due to the grant been reduced by 5% in the budget.

That and a few acts that were booked pulled out on it

injured365 wrote: »
    That and a few acts that were booked pulled out on it

Who was booked do you know?

Just caught the end of the DKITalk on Dundalk FM and they've got Republic Of Loose in Brubakers on the Thursday.

The wedding is in Newry on Wednesday.

Mr. Hudson is hosting the Rag Ball on Thursday after Republic Of Loose in Silence.

Corona's will be playing Ridley's on Monday.

Also a comedian (I think Andrew Maxwell) from the panel who they're not yet allowed to advertise yet due to contract issues.

Seems like a decent one.

EDIT: Also Judge Jules is on Monday too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭focus_mad

Just caught the end of the DKITalk on Dundalk FM and they've got Republic Of Loose in Brubakers on the Thursday.

The wedding is in Newry on Wednesday.

Mr. Hudson is hosting the Rag Ball on Thursday after Republic Of Loose in Silence.

Corona's will be playing Ridley's on Monday.

Also a comedian (I think Andrew Maxwell) from the panel who they're not yet allowed to advertise yet due to contract issues.

Seems like a decent one.

EDIT: Also Judge Jules is on Monday too.

Pity none a these are in the bar.... So far all there is is a Red Bull promotion night on tuesday with Poitin playing the same night and I think Big Generator or J90 on tuesday day

Blue moose in the bar monday, j90 tuesday and its neil delamere thats the comedian.....anyone know where the stag and hen are on??

injured365 wrote: »
    Blue moose in the bar monday, j90 tuesday and its neil delamere thats the comedian.....anyone know where the stag and hen are on??

I think the lads go to Amber and maybe the girls to Silence and everyone meets up in Brubakers or Ridley's later on.

I could be wrong though.

ah I wanted the wedding to be in Newry for 4 years I was there and the first year after I leave they have it there!

draffodx wrote: »
    ah I wanted the wedding to be in Newry for 4 years I was there and the first year after I leave they have it there!

You can still go. €2.50 a drink. That's what Luke said anyway.

dont forget the UK have smaller measures of spirits as well!! :rolleyes:

Wish I could but cant take 2 days out of my holidays for work this early in the year!

draffodx wrote: »
    Wish I could but cant take 2 days out of my holidays for work this early in the year!

What happened to your student ways?

I think its a great line up and enough there to keep everyone entertained. So kudos to the guys for getting a great line up.

I still think that 2.50 a drink is a great deal to be honest. I'll have my hip flask anyway :-D

• Advertisement

I think its a great line up and enough there to keep everyone entertained. So kudos to the guys for getting a great line up.

I still think that 2.50 a drink is a great deal to be honest. I'll have my hip flask anyway :-D

I'm looking forward to it. Just need to find a place to stay. Sarge, you wanna offer your services?

Advertisement