Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Pool - Waterford to Dublin - Save Time & Money

• 05-01-2010 9:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi there,
    With the new M9 due for completion in February I am interested in knowing if anyone wanted to form a carpool. I live in Waterford but work in Dublin. This is a long & slow commute using buses or trains. And as neither of these will use the motorway they will not be getting any faster. I would like to drive to Dublin on a daily basis however the cost of fuel is the killer. If I could split this cost between 4 people taking turns driving each day the cost would be reduced to the same level as the bus & train however reducing the travel time by an hour, plus with shared driving you have a chance to sit back and do nothing too.

Please contact me in you would be interested in my proposal.
    Thanks,
    David

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 silkcut007

Hi David,

I just saw your post, I know it was a long time ago, do you still do the car pooling? I'm in the same boat Tramore to Dublin, would be great to share the cost and the driving!!

Regards
    Andrew

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Maxalon

Hi Andrew,
    Yes I'm still travelling on a daily basis.
    I'll PM you with my contact details.
    Thanks for getting in touch
    Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Deadly. Two of ye gonna save a few yoyos

Hi all still looking to Carpool, I'm happy to do all the driving if need be just need to cut down on costs. Any tips are welcome too.

Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭mecco

You could try posting in the Carlow forum (or similar) too. If it was me, it would break my heart to have to get off the motorway but maybe it would be useful if cost is something you are watching?

• Advertisement

I'm sure someone out there would rather spend 2 hours in a car rather then 2.5 hrs in a train of 3.5 hrs in a bus?
    I'm happy to arrange a door to door service if reasonable distance is involved.
    Please please anybody interested in joining me for my daily trek between Waterford & Dublin?

Thanks,
    Max

Advertisement