Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Bus Disruptions in the Area (Bad Weather)

• 05-01-2010 10:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭

Hi, just wondering if anyone knows whether the 66/67 buses will stop at the bus stop at the old Esker Lane slip road on the N4 Lucan Bypass since they are not serving Lucan village?

Unfotunately, Dublin Bus customer service line is closed for the night and the garage phone is not being answered at this hour either.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

It's hard to know tbh. I'm not sure if the buses will use the bus lane as it's quite icy. That would leave you stuck at the bus stop while the buses fly down the N4 . Best bet might be to walk down to the bus stop on the ballyowen off ramp after the foxhunter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

Thanks for the reply lord lucan.

If only the Dublin Bus website gave more detailed information on the route changes in operation.

Unfortunately it will take well over 40 mins to walk to that bus stop with the footpaths in this state. Yesterday it took me 30 mins to get to Penny Hill (since 25a was stopping there) and that's a much shorter walk.

I love snow but I'm sick of this icy crap!

(Also, anyone know if the 66/67 would use the bus stop just after the slip road where you go on to the west-bound N4 from the Newcastle Road? What bus actually uses that stop? Surely any bus that does use the Lucan Bypass just stays on the underpass and skips that stop anyway??)

I'd say with the roads in the current state that the westbound buses will go straight down the N4,i wouldn't imagine they'd use that stop,they'll avoid having to go up the off ramps where possible. There's a stop on the eastbound ramp of the same junction too,i've no idea what use if any it'll get.

It appears that DB are skipping the village once the light fades and temperature drops. I got a bus down to the village yesterday morning and back up again,even the 25 was running through the village.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

My Mam had to get a train from town out to Leixlip last night and walk from there back to Lucan. Apparently the buses weren't running and Adamstown station was closed...

r3nu4l wrote: »
    My Mam had to get a train from town out to Leixlip last night and walk from there back to Lucan. Apparently the buses weren't running and Adamstown station was closed...

She should have pulled the emergency cord and hopped out at the old Lucan North station and walked back down to the village from there!:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Dubluc

Just for your info r3nu4l Adamstown station was open yesterday evening as I collected someone from there at 8pm.

It's a pity Kishoge is not open yet it would give options to people who can't get the 25A

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,611 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Dubluc wrote: »
    It's a pity Kishoge is not open yet it would give options to people who can't get the 25A

+1

The 25A goes to and from the Penny Hill most of the time though. Bit of a trek, but doable for most people.

Advertisement