Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yore Ma

Options
  • 05-01-2010 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭

What is boards becoming if "Yore ma" comments are getting removed! After Hours was formed by 1000's of Yore ma comments combining, merging if you will, to form one great Yore ma forum which would dominate all Yore ma topics from then on!

Disgrace I tell ya. :pac:

p.s. Yore ma
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Memes must be cultivated and pruned when necessary, to make for a creative, interesting, and ever changing memelandscape.

Who's meme? Yore Meme. Yore meme must be pruned and well cultivated for me to give her the once over and deem yore meme worthy of my attention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

There is nothing that spoils the fun of a thread more than a "Yore Ma" post, especially if its the 1st reply. It just kills the fun and is never funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Have you raised this as an issue with the After Hours mods?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

sceptre wrote: »
    Have you raised this as an issue with the After Hours mods?
    I've raised my "issue" with yore ma.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I am in favour of eradicating that particular phrase from the boards lexicon.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Jokes in Christmas crackers were funny once too....

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

DeVore wrote: »
    Jokes in Christmas crackers were funny once too....

DeV.

Ah DeV come on the whole what do you call a sheep with no legs joke never gets old.

answer: a free ride [/culchie]

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I deleted your yore ma comment. I count getting rid of that dumbassed meme as one of the good things that happened while moderating AH. It's in the charter. A lot of feedback. People hate it. Its not funny. It's not original, it's pointless, it adds nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

It's mostly about as funny as getting teeth extracted, but, as with anything, it's all about context. Occasionally - very occasionally (probably once - twice tops) - it has been used to highly amusing effect. Can it be kept then? I know "highly amusing" is subjective, but what about when it's pretty much unanimously agreed that it's really funny?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Well in fairness, it got very ridiculous about a year ago where every AH thread was a race to see who could say yore ma first.

Good riddance.

• Advertisement

A year ago? Make that three years ago!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Yore Da never really took off tbh

Dudess wrote: »
    A year ago? Make that three years ago!

Well in fairness, I only joined here a little over two years ago, and I never noticed it until about a year ago cos I didn't go to AH very often...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

thought the 'yore ma' lines were got rid of ages ago unber threat of banning, but to be honest, i always prefered ur sister

:D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

R0ot wrote: »
    What is boards becoming if "Yore ma" comments are getting removed! After Hours was formed by 1000's of Yore ma comments combining, merging if you will, to form one great Yore ma forum which would dominate all Yore ma topics from then on!

Disgrace I tell ya. :pac:

p.s. Yore ma

Your join date is displaying as December 2011, so I'm guessing yore ma will make a comeback sometime next year and you've accidentally travelled back in time to a trough in the yore ma graph.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,210 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Your join date is displaying as December 2011, so I'm guessing yore ma will make a comeback sometime next year and you've accidentally travelled back in time to a trough in the yore ma graph.
    o_O

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Overheal wrote: »
    o_O
    R0ot

[R0ot's Avatar]

Strange :D

Yore Ma needs a kick in the face. I know a guy...a legend actually...

Jay P wrote: »
    Well in fairness, I only joined here a little over two years ago, and I never noticed it until about a year ago cos I didn't go to AH very often...
    You avoided AH for a year? Good going. I only managed to last about six months before getting sucked in... :(

A lot of people who are new regges post first in AH. Not all of them are re-registered previously banned users.
    Most.
    But not all.

In other slightly more interesting news I found a brick that looks quite like another similar brick which is on the ground next to the first brick. Sign of the construction industry returning to its former glory? Or just two bricks?

A lot of people who are new regges post first in AH. Not all of them are re-registered previously banned users.
    Most.
    But not all.

In other slightly more interesting news I found a brick that looks quite like another similar brick which is on the ground next to the first brick. Sign of the construction industry returning to its former glory? Or just two bricks?
    I made Yore Ma sh!t a brick.

• Advertisement

Overheal wrote: »
    I made Yore Ma sh!t a brick.

Actually that was a cruel trick I played on you. It wasn't my ma I introduced you to. It was just a brick on top of a similar brick. Still though. Every hole.

Actually that was a cruel trick I played on you. It wasn't my ma I introduced you to. It was just a brick on top of a similar brick. Still though. Every hole.
    Y-......yeah. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

It's a sign of yore ma returning t-

Oh, sod it, the moment's long gone. And yes, I'm pretty sure my ma has said that in the past.

Sarky wrote: »
    It's a sign of yore ma returning t-

Oh, sod it, the moment's long gone. And yes, I'm pretty sure my ma has said that in the past.
    "Thatsh not what your mother said last night."

Keep in mind, Celebrity Jeopardy died 3 years ago as well.

The whole YORE MA thing was ruined, just like every other wonderful internet meme, by the common masses thinking THEY could be clever too if they just repeated what they heard.

Every motherf*cker "lieks Mudkipz", charges their lazor, can has cheeseburgr, has their car drive them in Soviet Russia and twists the subject of conversation to imply your mother is such a whore. We know. WE KNOW. It was all done to death long, long ago, and the essence of it all has been lost in a sea of dumbasses, parroting those who have gone before, trying to make a conversation out of one-liners. Does nobody think for themselves anymore? Is it really so hard to put a little effort into what you type, think or say? Are the general public really that pathetically lazy?

The only way most of you will get rich by repeating a clichéed meme is by asking "You want fries with that?" for the next 30 years.

The whole YORE MA thing was ruined, just like every other wonderful internet meme, by the common masses thinking THEY could be clever too if they just repeated what they heard.

Every motherf*cker "lieks Mudkipz", charges their lazor, can has cheeseburgr, has their car drive them in Soviet Russia and twists the subject of conversation to imply your mother is such a whore. We know. WE KNOW. It was all done to death long, long ago, and the essence of it all has been lost in a sea of dumbasses, parroting those who have gone before, trying to make a conversation out of one-liners. Does nobody think for themselves anymore? Is it really so hard to put a little effort into what you type, think or say? Are the general public really that pathetically lazy?

The only way most of you will get rich by repeating a clichéed meme is by asking "You want fries with that?" for the next 30 years.
    yeah..
    but...
    eh....
    Ye roma?

Ooh, it's subtle and includes gypsy threads, very hot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I count getting rid of that dumbassed meme as one of the good things that happened while moderating AH. It's in the charter. A lot of feedback. People hate it. Its not funny. It's not original, it's pointless, it adds nothing.

I'm taking it back, Dr B.

Along with porch monkey

Can "yore ma" not be added to the swear filter? That'd solve everything.

• Advertisement

Rorsark's journal, January 7th, 2010

Toilet thread in After Hours this morning, about constipation and burst stomachs. This website is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The forums are extended gutters and the gutters are full of spam and when the categories finally scab over, all the noobs will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sexy-Fas-Girl and murder-the-scumbags threads will foam up about their waists and all the spammers and trolls will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll look down and whisper "YORE MA."

:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement