Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VW Golf Cabrio 2000 spare parts wanted

• 05-01-2010 10:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,
    I am trying to get hold of spare parts for my VW Golf Cabrio 2000.
    Need the following:
    Cooling rad
    2 front Wishbones
    2 front seat belts
    Front bumper moulding
    Front grill upper
    Bonnet cable

If any one knows were i hold of these i appreciate the help.

Liam

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

dunno how useful this is, but isn't your car based on the older Mk3 Golf rather than the Mk4 Golf that it shares its front headlights and grille with.

Just in case anyone is suggesting using parts from a hatchback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

All these parts except perhaps the seat belts should be standard on any model Golf of that year. The wishbones may require to be from a 1.8 or 2 litre Golf to cope with the extra weight. I'd check on www.gsfcarparts.com and www.micksgarage.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭GTE

Tipsy Mac wrote: »
    All these parts except perhaps the seat belts should be standard on any model Golf of that year. The wishbones may require to be from a 1.8 or 2 litre Golf to cope with the extra weight. I'd check on www.gsfcarparts.com and www.micksgarage.com

I think I read in my Haynes manual that the mark 4 shares no common parts with the mark 3, so your car should be a mark 3 with a differernt front so I would be careful with whatever you do get like Colm suggests.

EDIT: But all the stuff seems to be front replacements so Ill stop talking now :):p
    best of luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

Mk4 cabrio is actually a MK3 cleverly dressed up as a mk4 with panels... it shares nothing with the MK4 hatch. Did you ever wonder why there was no Turbo version or 1.6mpi????

Advertisement