Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better option for €400?

Options
  • 05-01-2010 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭

Hey guys.

Just a quick question. For €400, which would be the better option

1) Self Build
    2) The rig from aldi this Thursday http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055784998

Use would be general computer use, some gaming, will have it put onto my router so Xbox can stream stuff from it, that sort of thing.

I was thinking if I get the rig from aldi, swap out the GFX for something with a bit more punch, and then I'm sorted.

I'm not expecting a Crysis killer, (well, would love if it was but...) just for general arsing about, which would you go for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

Hey guys.

Just a quick question. For €400, which would be the better option

1) Self Build
    2) The rig from aldi this Thursday http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055784998

Use would be general computer use, some gaming, will have it put onto my router so Xbox can stream stuff from it, that sort of thing.

I was thinking if I get the rig from aldi, swap out the GFX for something with a bit more punch, and then I'm sorted.

I'm not expecting a Crysis killer, (well, would love if it was but...) just for general arsing about, which would you go for?

Probably go for that computer from Aldi if you can get one,although beware,you may need to also upgrade the PSU if your upgrade the GFX card

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Was thinking that alright, have me eye out for one in the usual places as well.

As much as I'd like to spend bucks and get an absolute demon of a 'puter, this I feel is too much of an opportunity to miss. Just needed someone elses opinion. (Herself is of the opinion, "But, sure, we have the laptop." Well darlin' that is not the point!)

Was thinking that alright, have me eye out for one in the usual places as well.

As much as I'd like to spend bucks and get an absolute demon of a 'puter, this I feel is too much of an opportunity to miss. Just needed someone elses opinion. (Herself is of the opinion, "But, sure, we have the laptop." Well darlin' that is not the point!)

Its a great deal for sure :D

Although I wouldn't fancy going out with the roads in the state they are in

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Meh, roads aren't that bad here, and Aldi is about 5 minutes out of my way on a 15 minute commute anyway.

Hmmm, one other question, monitor wise. I have an old CRT somewhere, and I have a 26inch LG HDready TV, can't remember the model number off hand.

I'm guessing the CRT is out of the running, but would the LG work? Til I got my hands on a proper monitor?

Meh, roads aren't that bad here, and Aldi is about 5 minutes out of my way on a 15 minute commute anyway.

Hmmm, one other question, monitor wise. I have an old CRT somewhere, and I have a 26inch LG HDready TV, can't remember the model number off hand.

I'm guessing the CRT is out of the running, but would the LG work? Til I got my hands on a proper monitor?

Depends on the output on the card.CRT will only have VGA,where the LG TV will most likely have VGA and HDMI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭slowlydownwards

Methinks there'll be queues in Aldi's the length of bread lines come thur morn. But suppose if gurls could wait the whole nite last year to get a freaking non-pvc bag from BT, then it's quite cool for us to get in the line to get our 'puters.

BTW, it's ok to land on your bottom slippng on the icy footpath, just make sure the shiny new box does not take the hit :D:D:D

Advertisement