Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

insurance quotes

• 05-01-2010 10:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭

I am amazed to see how varied insurance companies quote us for motor insurance. I am 39 driving for 10 years with no penalty points or accidents. I made a claim for fire damage in 08.The car has a 2litre engine and fully comp. When I told all the companies all this info I got a wide range of quotes between 465 euro to 1028:eek:. Even with the cheapest quote, when you ring back there is always some extra put on, my head is spinning:(:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It's ****ed up, but then again the competition means you can often get a good deal if you put the time and effort in.
    I'm very unfaithful to insurance companies. I see a better deal - I jump ship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

You think you've got it bad! I am 23 this month driving a 1.6 and my premium at the moment is 2300. I'd take your premium if I could and I'd take the hand off them too! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

I am the same,the present company I am with were ok last year but now no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Im 24 driving a 1.0L VW Polo - a grand for 3rd party fire and theft

The best of luck with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭jimzy

yeah they seem to just charge whatever they want once you make any form of claim. my first year (as a wee young fella, back in the day) was over 3200 or something insane like that... I've been driving for 6 or so years now with no points or accidents, and manage to grind it down to around 400 or so at the moment thankfully. But I'm dreading the day anything does happen (touch wood) they'll just screw me again. Mudder Flukkers™ ! :):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

I am certainly not going with the 1028 quote:mad:.Bloody cheek of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭jimzy

Magnus wrote: »
    It's ****ed up, but then again the competition means you can often get a good deal if you put the time and effort in.
    I'm very unfaithful to insurance companies. I see a better deal - I jump ship.

+1

well sort of, i've heard of horror stories where people couldn't get money from certain companies after having accidents... so i wouldn't always jump ship at the sight of a cheaper quote...

Advertisement