Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Receiving RTE Radio in the North

• 05-01-2010 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hello all,

I just have a query about the best radio to use for receiving RTE radio in the North - we live in Belfast. My mum incessently listens to RTE radio 1 on a rubbish wee analogue radio. She can only pick it up on long wave and the reception is dire. I bought her a Roberts digital radio for Christmas but this hasn't solved the problem - RTE can't be picked up on FM on this and again the reception on LW is as bad as on the rubbish wee radio.

What would be the best type of radio to use in the circs? I had considered an internet radio but know from experience that they can be a bit temepramental and may be a bit challenging to use.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks

In addition to listening to RTE radio my Mum would also like to record the programmes to listen to.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Presuming she's not got cable TV/FM, the the next best thing would be to get a cheap FM roof aerial & either place it in the loft, or on the chimney stack. Seems like your Mum has the opposite problem to us here in the south who have had to erect FM roof aerials for decades (picking up BBC radio from Belfast)!

Most DAB/FM radios have a screw-in telescopic aerial on the back, (if so) remove the aerial & then you have access for the FM Cable or roof Aerial input. As regards recording radio, maybe she needs a little 'Midi system' with an FM/DAB 'Coax' socket on the back.

Good Luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭craoltoir

Maybe it's not practical, but all RTÉ radio services are available on satellite throughout the island. The FM frequency which would possibly be receivable in Belfast is 87.8 (From Clermont Carn)

Advertisement