Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Holland 935 square baler

• 05-01-2010 11:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 319 ✭✭

Did anyone ever use a new holland 935 square baler. Are they any good.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

I owned a newholland 377 it was the best of the red coloured square balers that new holland made. I don't know much about the 935. If you are talking about the one on donedeal posted 2 hours ago it looks a bit rough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 319 ✭✭cormywormy

Yep thats the one, does look a bit rough, but sure you never know whats it like underneath the rust.

cormywormy wrote: »
    Yep thats the one, does look a bit rough, but sure you never know whats it like underneath the rust.
    Thats true. It can't have much done over the last 15 years. Still I would like to see it working.

Is that a bit of a smart remark, IT CANT HAVE DONE MUCH OVER THE LAST 15 YEARS.:confused: Yeah i would like to see it working too, and if it was working it would be cheap i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 cartonj

Doesn't look too bad, bit of grease and it would do alot of work for you I'd say. I've seen alot worse looking baling away happily.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭DanFindy

NEVER judge a book by its cover, especially square balers, the rough looker is often the best baler

cormywormy wrote: »
    Is that a bit of a smart remark, IT CANT HAVE DONE MUCH OVER THE LAST 15 YEARS.:confused: Yeah i would like to see it working too, and if it was working it would be cheap i think.
    The reason that I said that it can't have much work done over the last 15 years is going from my own experience. I used to do a lot of contract work square baling and the work dried up in the early to mid ninties when people started using round balers more. Why did you think that it was a smart remark?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭vincenzolorenzo

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Why did you think that it was a smart remark?

+1. :confused:

Sorry, i thought it was a smart remark, cause the way you said it, that it couldnt have done much work over the last 15 yr.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭powerfarmer

It might be worth a go sure the money isnt too bad, it might run like a clock! If it runs ok it cant be too bad. A guy at work had an NH 945, he said it was a simple enough machine but had a tendency to make banana shaped bales if the feed to the chamber wasnt totally consistent.
    Uncle has a Claas sq baler, it hasnt had a proper day out since 1992!!

• Advertisement

When you ask to see it working make sure you get them to put a bit of hay or straw through it to make sure the knotter is working and tying the bales properly as they are costly to replace.

Advertisement