Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Catering for a party of 30+

Options
  • 05-01-2010 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭

Hi lads hoping to have a party in the house for around 30 people in Jan. A mix of ages from kids to 80+.
    Hoping to have a hot main course want to do it for a reasonable price but good quality grub. Anyone any experience of catering companies in the city who would fit the bill

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

I could bring over some snacks. Whats your address?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Mmm we have used Elite Cusine I think that is the name, in work for parties and they seem to do a nice spread I can ask the girl who arranges it and double check if you like..

Another place is again we use them for lunch so I am not to sure if he would do something like this but you could chance him they are really loverly In For Lunch their number is 021 480 4130 ask for Jim.. If they cant help you he will probably know of a good place where you could try...

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Sirtoyou

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭discostu1

Many thanks for all the replies I will try the names suggested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Keeneye

bitesize.ie for food & ontap.ie for small kegs of beer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭*Derek*

I've used O crualaoi in the past. Excellent service. Martin is the man in charge.. Tell him Derek sent ya.. They supplied plates and cutlery too and collected them after..

http://www.ocrualaoi.com/ProCat/partyfood.aspx

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

discostu1 wrote: »
    Hi lads hoping to have a party in the house for around 30 people in Jan. A mix of ages from kids to 80+.
    Hoping to have a hot main course want to do it for a reasonable price but good quality grub. Anyone any experience of catering companies in the city who would fit the bill

Cahill's Butchers in Ballintemple do hot & cold food for parties etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

I am using O'Driscolls in Ballinlough on Saturday night for a party of 20 http://www.jjodriscoll.ie/acatalog/Menus.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 LadyLee

Clay pot in turners cross. Fantastic Food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Jimmy1bob

parsi wrote: »
    Cahill's Butchers in Ballintemple do hot & cold food for parties etc.

Thumbs up for Cahill's. Good grub.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭bealfeirste5

Which one did you go for? Any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭discostu1

All of them were very good but I actually got a name from an other friend, ex army chef. He and his helper came out cooked two gorgeous main courses a chicken dish in wine and cream, and a sort of a beef stew/goulash, plus he baked spuds, cooked rice and made 3 different types of salad for 43 people. The best part, his mate was cleaning up as they went. They then served everyone. Brilliant..and a great night had by all

Advertisement