Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow horses

Options
  • 05-01-2010 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭

..and a donkey too!

Photo0013.jpg

All safe one are rescues and Ive got two more rescues but they are in a separate field. I hope this weather ends soon, I've been pumping food into them like there is no tomorrow.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Paul91

EGAR wrote: »
    ..and a donkey too!

Photo0013.jpg

All safe one are rescues and Ive got two more rescues but they are in a separate field. I hope this weather ends soon, I've been pumping food into them like there is no tomorrow.

poor horses - and donkey too - bet they are glad you looking after them - is there any help you need?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Paul91 wrote: »
    poor horses - and donkey too - bet they are glad you looking after them - is there any help you need?

Ditto!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Whilst I admire what you do EGAR and I'm delighted that somone is minding these horses (and a donkey too!)
    Just a note to all posters - no looking for funds is allowed in this forum. I don't mind photos of things that are being minded/rescues but I've closed a thread on a rescue looking for help and it would be unfair to let people make the OP ask for help on thread as it will get it closed.

star-pants wrote: »
    Whilst I admire what you do EGAR and I'm delighted that somone is minding these horses (and a donkey too!)
    Just a note to all posters - no looking for funds is allowed in this forum. I don't mind photos of things that are being minded/rescues but I've closed a thread on a rescue looking for help and it would be unfair to let people make the OP ask for help on thread as it will get it closed.

sorry - didn't really mean financial help (I'm broke with looking after the pups) but if there's something like blankets or such that EGAR could use maybe? not sure - never looked after a horse - or a donkey

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Where in my post did I state that I was looking for money??? I take offence to the veiled implications that I was fishing for funds!

I posted a pic which I thought was rather beautiful. It wont happen again if thats the reception one gets for sharing.

• Advertisement

Ok people really need to actually read the words I type.
    I said... note to POSTERS not note to OP... EGAR
    and I said that it's unfair of posters to make the OP ask for funds.
    As POSTERS were asking if they could help, you might have just said 'yeah we could use X' as a normal response, I didn't say you (as the OP) were asking for funds.

I made a note in the thread because I closed a thread on a rescue looking for help yesterday and it would be unfair if this thread turned into one like theirs and I had left it open. I was just warning people it's fine to comment but that it's not the OP asking for help. I was on your side actually - but if I'm going to get my head bitten off for trying to protect your thread then I'll just lock it in future.

sorry to all - my bad - did think the picture was beautiful, so good that it made me want to help if i could - anyhew very nice picture thanks for posting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Ive got my own website and board, so if I needed to start an appeal I would do it there. Good to know that you threaten to close my threads, now I am being penalised for being a rescue?

I said "veiled" as it implicates me posting the pic on purpose as an incentive to people to offer help. NONE of the animals in the pic are in a bad state, its simply a beautiful pic. Had I known the reaction then I would have kept it to myself.

Do what you like with the thread, I really dont care.

they do look well cared for - well done EGAR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

Ive got my own website and board, so if I needed to start an appeal I would do it there. Good to know that you threaten to close my threads, now I am being penalised for being a rescue?

I said "veiled" as it implicates me posting the pic on purpose as an incentive to people to offer help. NONE of the animals in the pic are in a bad state, its simply a beautiful pic. Had I known the reaction then I would have kept it to myself.

Do what you like with the thread, I really dont care.

Jesus christ, all that was said was that OTHER POSTERS (i.e. not you) should not be offering you help because it puts you in a position of answering them and it isn't fair on other rescues who have had threads closed because they were looking for help.

Star pants post was written in plain English, I don't see how you are having so much difficulty understanding it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭lrushe

..and a donkey too!

OMG, how jealous am I?! Someday this is the sight I will wake up to, I just love horses :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭votejohn

would make a fab postcard, you should send it into tv3 weather pics!

Do you know what EGAR - I'm sick of being nice to people here and getting kicked for it.
    I was protecting your thread, clearly some people read what they want to read from my posts, yet other people didn't have an issue reading plain english.
    If I felt you were looking for funds I would have said it directly to you and/or closed the thread.
    But next time I won't bother my backside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭votejohn

I think people are getting the wrong end of eachother's posts!!

IMO noones said done or implied anything mean!

Star-pants is just doing his/her job, just making sure this thread stays on topic so it didnt have to be closed, and so everyone could see the class pic!

EGAR, your doing an unreal job, good on ya, and im sure if someone were to imply you were looking for funding you would be extremely insulted. I think everyone here can tell you clearly were sharing a pretty animal pic in an animal forum.

EGAR, Starpants wasnt implying this at all, she was just pretecting your topic from being shut down.

Starpants, IMO, it was clear you were just keeping the topic on track, tough job but someones gotta do it!!

The only prob here is people being too bloody good ;), when help was offered (not financial, but Starpants wasnt to know what kind of help people have in mind), Starpants just had to clear up the rules!!

All good, lets hug it out!!! :D:D:D

votejohn wrote: »
    All good, lets hug it out!!! :D:D:D

I'm up for a hug - specially a group one

I'm sorry if i put my foot in it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Um....if I argue can I have one too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

Paul91 wrote: »
    I'm up for a hug - specially a group one

I'm sorry if i put my foot in it

I don't think it was your fault, it was kind of you to offer.

Um....if I argue can I have one too?

go on then hugs all round

Magenta wrote: »
    I don't think it was your fault, it was kind of you to offer.

i'm good at the bear hugs - as the brother in law says "hugs not shrugs"

Advertisement