Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm wondering if Halo 3 is a good game?

Options
  • 05-01-2010 11:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi!.I'm wondering if Halo 3 is a good game.And could u please rate out of ten. Thanks:).
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

yes.. 8/10

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭EI111

online 10/10

• Registered Users Posts: 26,560 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

going to get a bias opinion in this forum methinks.

Halo 3 - hell all the halo games - to me were bland, meek and made me want to scratch my eye balls out.

got halo 1 on my pc - meh ok shooter, nothing really new.
    halo 2 and 3 were completed with a friend that liked it and i endured it.

there are much better shooters out there on all platforms.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Halo 3 is worth it for the online. If you haven't played the previous games/read the books, then the campaign won't offer much. I would say that you should buy ODST. That way you get a nice little story driven game and more importantly a second disc containing all of the Halo 3 maps. Its a good deal if you ask me. Hope this helped;)

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭happyfriday74

Halo are excellent games, the cop is a barrell of laughs and the multiplayer is incredible.

Nothing else on the xbox as far as FPS comes close and that includes MW2.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭booyah1024

Erm haven't put too much thought into this but the orange box whips halo's as as a complete package and as separate games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Well yes, The Orange Box is about the best deal in gaming history. But the man is asking about Halo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

This is the Halo forum, expect a favourable response.

Yes it's good (if a little dated).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭booyah1024

Rob2D wrote: »
    Well yes, The Orange Box is about the best deal in gaming history. But the man is asking about Halo.

Yeh but the poster above me said nothing comes close to halo on the xbox. Not even mw2 then I suggested the orange box as it beats both of them and I didn't even have think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭happyfriday74

Orange box is a great collection...no doubt.

I bought all the orange box stuff seperatly over the years so the impact of it to me was slightly blunted when they bundled all of half life into one box....but if you never played half life 2 and you picked it up then I can certainly see your point!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭gamblitis

marky boii wrote: »
    Hi!.I'm wondering if Halo 3 is a good game.And could u please rate out of ten. Thanks:).

IGN do great reviews of games in my opinion, you can find their Halo review here.

Also if you have any experience in playing Gears of War there is a great comparison page here.

Have a look at those and see what you think. This forum will give you a more than likely bias opinion with regard to whether it's good or not.

Me personally, I love the game. The storyline has had its ups and downs but I wreckon the story to Halo 3 was a great way to end the trilogy. Some parts of the campaign are a little tedious and drawn out but that happens in all games tbh. I've played it over about 7/8 times now and I'm still not sick of it. :D

In my opinion, I have absolutely no complaints whatsoever (well apart from getting my ass kicked every now and then). Levels are great, game types have great variety, you'll ever be waiting too long on a game to start. And tbh it's a lot of fun.

Now comparing this to others such as Orange Box or MW2. As with the comparison to Gears above, they are very different games. Ok they may fall under the same category of "Shooters" bit they have many factors which make them quite different.

Your best bet is just to try them all. Watch videos of them being played and see which one you have the best feel for. It won't take long, the second I played my first game of Halo I was hooked! Got 3 COD games and still am not a huge fan.

You asked for a score out of ten so I'm gonna say 8.5/10.

Don't take anyones rating/opinion here as gospel. Use them as guidelines.
    Best of luck. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

10/10

It's the game that just keeps on giving :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Mark92

yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭bealfeirste5

I hear it's excellent!

Advertisement