Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get decent children's furniture?

Options
  • 05-01-2010 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to get a decent storage unit specifically for a child's room (age 4 upwards) and I can't think of anywhere in Cork that may stock some nice stuff. Caseys have a nice shelving item but it's purty damn expensive of course and it looks like an antique and nearly a shame to put it in a child's room!

Can anyone think of anywhere? Ikea seems like the ideal spot but I'd rather buy locally.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Ezine Living at the end of Forge Hill sometimes have nice stuff for kids rooms and are a lot cheaper than Casey's in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Miaireland wrote: »
    Ezine Living at the end of Forge Hill sometimes have nice stuff for kids rooms and are a lot cheaper than Casey's in my experience.

thanks Miaireland, I'll give them a visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Next have a new showroom out in the Blackpool Retail park, I was in there on Monday and they have some really nice stuff for kids. The catalogue is online and you can order it from there and have it delivered to any of their stores. Prices are a little high in my opinion though.

Next have a new showroom out in the Blackpool Retail park, I was in there on Monday and they have some really nice stuff for kids. The catalogue is online and you can order it from there and have it delivered to any of their stores. Prices are a little high in my opinion though.

wow, wouldn't have thought of that...thanks trotter_inc.
    I've just found a place in Ballincollig, Cloud9 so I will give them a visit too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Might be something in argos too.

• Advertisement

JohnK wrote: »
    Might be something in argos too.

perhaps but to be honest with you, I'm done with flatpack :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

pfft, wheres your adventurous spirit?! :D

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

One thing about kiddy stuff is that it ages very quickly.

We had some Ikea Mammut items and after a year or two we replaced them with real chests of drawers etc.

My advice (fwiw) is to choose carefully...

parsi wrote: »
    One thing about kiddy stuff is that it ages very quickly.

We had some Ikea Mammut items and after a year or two we replaced them with real chests of drawers etc.

My advice (fwiw) is to choose carefully...

oh don't worry, we will. We have a girl and boy so we will also choose unisex!

Advertisement