Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aguila Super Colibri Ammunition? Anyone here in Ireland selling this?

Options
  • 05-01-2010 11:57pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭

Aguila Super Colibri Ammunition is a 20 grain round that gives 11ft/lbs at 500fps. Yep its sold as 22lr ammo!

I certainly have seen them in the past here before but don't know where to look!

They could be interesting when shot down a 16 inch barrel?? As long as they make it out the other end each time?

Anyway any help would be gratefully received!

regards ith

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

john lambert sells aguila made in mexico if i remember from the box

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭ivanthehunter

Where does he operate from?

Bump!

Still looking for this stuff
    Can any one help!!
    If your in your gun dealers over the next while ask'em if he stock it! When i go in to buy it I'll tell'em who sent me and you might get some brownie points and even a discount if such a thing exists in the Irish firearm trade!

J.L. firearms stocks it but he can't keep it on the shelfs- very popular!!

Allows one to safely use a 22lr rifle in and around sheds and the like!!
    I recently got 120acrea of forestry and have permission to clear out the squirrels.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭sfakiaman

This ammo is recommended for pistol use only, you might find ejection rather brisk if a bullet stuck in a rifle barrel. CB long might be a better option if you can find them.

I heard all about that but it seems that its a disclaimer, so it buyer beware!!

I have read plenty of report of this being used with out trouble in short barrels of rifles. i.e. USA min 16 inch.

Anyway i'll let you know what happens:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Goosie

I've done a good bit of searching for a suitable low energy 22 rimfire round without any luck. Dealers dont seem interested in stocking this category of ammo.

Finally bit the bullet and put a deposit on a good pcp.

As i said John Lambert had it but couldn't keep it on the shelfs:) hot stuff

Advertisement