Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bins in Ballymore Eustace

Options
  • 06-01-2010 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hi,
    Does anyone know who to contact for bin collection in Ballymore Eustace? I've looked into KCC but I want to compare a few options (if available) for price.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭jazzie

I use Ballymore Bins can't remember now what I pay but when I moved over to them last year from the council I know if worked out alot cheaper and you don't have the hassle of buying tags. They collect general rubbish every monday and recycling every second tues. They also have a free text service which text each evening before collection to remind you to put out the correct bin. There bins are the red and blue one's - there's alot of them around ballymore. The no. is 045 864915.

Hope this helps.

Lisa

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭mrroboito

Thanks for the response Lisa. There are three options it seems, AES, Kildare CoCo and Ballymore Bins. AES priced itself out immediately, just not at the races compared to the CoCo for one plan or to Ballymore for the other. The CoCo website tells me a 140l bin will cost me €140 p.a. plus €5.50 per lift while Ballymore costs €240 p.a. flat fee. This leaves me with what seems to be a straightforward question of whether I'll need the bin lifted more than 18.18 times in a year. I'll not bore you with the details of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭westwicklow

Ballymore Bins even collected our bins in the snow and we are well off the beaten track.... great service but we don't get reminder texts anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

i work for aes, the rubbish is collected every thursday and recycling is collected on the 3rd monday of the month

guil wrote: »
    i work for aes, the rubbish is collected every thursday and recycling is collected on the 3rd monday of the month

IMHO, AES is too expensive, not reliable and a disaster to deal with on the phone. My cousin was a founder of your company and even our family members wouldn't deal with it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭jazzie

Ballymore Bins even collected our bins in the snow and we are well off the beaten track.... great service but we don't get reminder texts anymore.

I still get the texts and find it very useful. I know they had a problem a while back and switched there service provider, maybe if you contact them they will put you back on the list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 SherriBMB

I work for Ballymore Bins and apologise to any customer who has not received their text message recently, please contact us on 045 864915 and we will have this corrected immediately. If you do not have a mobile but have a landline capable of taking a message we can do this also.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

IMHO, AES is too expensive, not reliable and a disaster to deal with on the phone. My cousin was a founder of your company and even our family members wouldn't deal with it!

I am an AES customer and my experience is not the same. I find them very good

they sent texts over the recent days informing us of when to leave bins out etc and they were collected

they are also the cheapest in the area

SherriBMB wrote: »
    I work for Ballymore Bins and apologise to any customer who has not received their text message recently, please contact us on 045 864915 and we will have this corrected immediately. If you do not have a mobile but have a landline capable of taking a message we can do this also.

Thank you.

Also, thank you for collecting our bins during the recent bad weather. Yours was then only truck to get up our (small) road. Not even the "coalman" could get deliveries in!! (AES truck got stuck on our road, couldn't get up a hill.)

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭mrroboito

Hi again, just realised I gave incorrect info above by saying that Ballymore Bins is €240 flat rate for 140l bin. That should be €260. KCC has service charge of €140 plus €5.50 per lift (and the minor hassle of getting the tags). So BB is cheaper if you get more than 21 lifts per year, otherwise KCC.
    Riskymove, maybe you're in a different area or maybe you're working with a 240l bin but there's no way that AES are cheaper for a 140l bin. It might pay you to re-check.

• Advertisement
Advertisement