Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

grey hair difficultly - new colour or loose head?

• 06-01-2010 12:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 226 ✭✭

am in my late 30's so was expecting a few grey hairs but Jeeeezzzzz - they are in patches around the side of my head and a few unruly ones along my centre line..have long brown hair and even after professional hair dye within a week they shine through..

no I dont pick at them and never had..should I go blonde or just accept im getting old! any hair colours that give better coverage? They look terrible when I tie my hair up..going to have words with the big man above

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

Ah yes, grey hairs.

My mom was entirely grey by the time she was 35. She had very dark brown hair naturally, but I have almost no memories of her that way because she was 29 when I was born and well into her greying by then. She has never dyed her hair - she accepted her early greying with grace and got a fair bit of compliments on her hair over the years.

I don't know if I would be as brave as her. I'm 28 and starting to notice a few greys here and there and my brother is 30 and is salt and pepper already. At this point, I'd definitely be dying!

Maybe try a few different products and see which one works best. You may also want to try an anti-frizz product or deep conditioning product to keep those unruly hairs under control. A lot of times, grey hair is coarser and drier than regular hair, necessitating a leave-in conditioner.

You might also try highlighting, if you don't want to go entirely blonde. Just a thought!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Moved from TLL.

Maple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

Going blonde could be very damaging to your hair as it is. Henna dyes work well on beginning grays. Other than that its just a case of where you got your dye done, perhaps it wasnt that good.

Try a medium/reddy brown perhaps, that way the grays when dyed would look like different tones. Maybe go for permanent dyes if youre prepared to commit to getting the roots done

I do feel for ladies with things like this, I'm 29 and male, I have had a little baldy patch at the top of my head for years but it got a little bigger in the last 12 months so I started shaving my head, not too tight at first then very tight, over Christmas I shaved it all off. I'm much happier now. Obviously that course of action is not an option for ladies, I would like to point out though that the grey hairs you notice and think are obvious are probably not being seen by anyone else :). Apologies for not offering any actual hair advice.

Advertisement