Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exchange Rate Charges!

Options
  • 06-01-2010 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

I want to change some euros into Malaysian Ringgits..
    Just woundering which bank is the cheapest on the commission fee for the exchange..is it Aib or Bank of Ireland.Or is there somewhere else cheaper,any posts would be grateful ! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,393 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You'll have to see if they stock them first. Is suggest you check online what the current rates are, decide how much you want to convert and start phoning banks. Of course, try several banks, not just two.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

BOI's minimum commission charge is €1.25 and I think the max is €6.35 for changing cash. They do carry Malaysian Ringgit, but you'd need to order it in advance, as most branches wouldn't keep it in stock for day-to-day use. Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭slick

Cheers lads..i will ring tomorrow and see who stocks it :-)

Advertisement