Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Short-term rental of largish house?

Options
  • 06-01-2010 12:17am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Later in the year, my extended family is planning to celebrate a few notable birthdays with a large bash here in Dublin and we're wondering if it's feasible to rent a large house with around six or eight double-bedrooms. As some of us are reasonably good cooks, we're also hoping to do all the catering ourselves, so a kitchen would be nice too :) Overall, the thing is likely to last two or three days, possibly over a weekend, but maybe not.

Does anybody have any suggestions about places around Dublin that might do this kind of rental?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,421 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Try some of the golf courses that have houses to rent on site - Tyrellstown, Carton, K Club, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I'd look up short term rentals on daft.ie, there's loads of lavish houses for rent which seem to be vacant a long time. No harm contacting a few of the landlords and telling them your requirements.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Yes, I had a look at Daft a couple of days back which is what got me thinking -- there are some classy places out there alright :)

But that set me wondering if there was anybody who did large-scale short term rents. Something larger than just apartments which aren't any trouble to find.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Wow that's a fabulous place, I could live there!:D

It's a great idea to rent a place like that for all the family to stay, it would be very memorable.

Don't know any large scale short terms rents but i'd definitely give the likes of those places a call to see what they can do for you, it's worth a try!

Advertisement