Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing Kitchen Countertop

• 06-01-2010 12:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Having decided to take the alternative (and much cheaper) approach to a new kitchen we have today finished repainting our cabinets, doors etc
    Now that our new!! kitchen looks so good we're trying to get an idea of the cost involved in replacing the worktop
    If anyone has any recommendations regarding companies / contacts that we could speak with or better yet maybe someone that you've dealt with would be great to hear
    Looking for value and want to spend approx €300 or less if possible
    Don't mind if I have to fit it myself, and obviously reckoning on laminate / formica rather than natural wood or stone
    Can it be done for this sort of money?

Thanks for the help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭items

DustyBin wrote: »
    Hi all

Having decided to take the alternative (and much cheaper) approach to a new kitchen we have today finished repainting our cabinets, doors etc
    Now that our new!! kitchen looks so good we're trying to get an idea of the cost involved in replacing the worktop
    If anyone has any recommendations regarding companies / contacts that we could speak with or better yet maybe someone that you've dealt with would be great to hear
    Looking for value and want to spend approx €300 or less if possible
    Don't mind if I have to fit it myself, and obviously reckoning on laminate / formica rather than natural wood or stone
    Can it be done for this sort of money?

Thanks for the help

300 is to far to much to spend on lam worktop, B&Q up north have good stock of lam. 50 to 80 stg will buy a 3mtr length 600m width. Gives you an idea of kind of price to expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

Also depends on how much you need. Noyeks and Panelling Centre sell off damaged lengths at a reduced cost. Just depends on the colours they have available and if they suit your kitchen. You could drop in and check Noyeks in Finglas used to have them stacked up at the front door.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭fm

no need to go north,noyeks do a good german wtop(duropal) for about 140 euros for a 4.1 metre length.in house have formica 4.1 m lengths for about 120 or less(trade counter price was about 85 plus vat)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Webbs

Ikea do a good range of worktops as well, cant remember prices off top of head but seemed very reasonable.
    We are thinking of doing something similar, but I am not confident in doing the work myself. Any idea how much it would cost to get someone in to cut and fit a worktop with sink and hob.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭DustyBin

Thanks for the replies will check out those places

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭zziplex

Not sure where in southeast your from??? noyeks newmans in dublin is prob best in wexford mcmahons building supplies or any local chadwicks etc etc... post your location.

Any kitchen companys should give you what you need either...approx €100 length.

Advertisement