Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Larry Murphy reported to be moving back to carlow.(MOD WARNINGS, SEE POSTS #2 AND 28)

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

the_syco wrote: »
    From http://www.independent.ie/opinion/analysis/the-unsolved-mysteries-of-the-dark-and-lonely-dublin-mountains-137345.html

She is only still alive as he was caught in the act by chance. And he is now allowed to roam around. I'm sure next time he'll be more carefull about where he kill s his victims...

He was arrested, tried and convicted, and has served his punishment. I believe the hunters that disturbed him and reported it were also arrested for illegal hunting.

Psst, want to organise a lynch mob?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Funjunkie

testicle wrote: »
    He was arrested, tried and convicted, and has served his punishment. I believe the hunters that disturbed him and reported it were also arrested for illegal hunting.

Psst, want to organise a lynch mob?

You're such a libertarian with such a keen sense of justice. The supporters of the woman whose grave he dug after repeatedly raping and brutalising her are obviously just a crowd of uncivilised, law fearing yahoos.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

the_syco wrote: »
    She is only still alive as he was caught in the act by chance. And he is now allowed to roam around. I'm sure next time he'll be more carefull about where he kill s his victims...

What you are saying seems bad i agree, but what can you do. I hate thieves and people who break the rules of the road but we can't lock up everyone for ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭The Gish

What you are saying seems bad i agree, but what can you do. I hate thieves and people who break the rules of the road but we can't lock up everyone for ever
    You are correct, we cannot lock up every person that comits a crim out of fear, but surely it would be morally correct (although not legally correct) to lock up the murderers and rapists etc etc out of fear?

Every hates the thieves that break into the persons home and violates their "castle" but while that is bad enough and causes a lot of fear on the victim the person that violates the person is to be feared more?

I think the amount of posts on this thread illustrates not only the "fear" of people in the community but also the outrage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Ebbsw

For those who think this scum as served his time yous obviously dont live where is been housed cause i do in the small town in carlow where he i is now living 3 days a week untill his full release is august we cant even walk anywhere cause all the women in the town are in fear and yes he is deffo out and here we know this a 100 percent so for those who think he should be released back into the public think how u would feel if he was on your doorstop or your mothers or sisters or wifes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 peachypyro

Ebbsw wrote: »
    For those who think this scum as served his time yous obviously dont live where is been housed cause i do in the small town in carlow where he i is now living 3 days a week untill his full release is august we cant even walk anywhere cause all the women in the town are in fear and yes he is deffo out and here we know this a 100 percent so for those who think he should be released back into the public think how u would feel if he was on your doorstop or your mothers or sisters or wifes

Hey Ebbsw
    I just sent you a PM as I would like to chat to you about this privately.
    Hope you don't mind :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Ebbsw

i dont mind someone mailing me but please stop mailing me for where he is only geniune people i will tell u know who u are cause i have already told u i dont like him in the town i will front a capaign to get him out but i wont be part of a lynch mob i wont sink to his level two wrongs do not make a right i will appraoch the council to have him moved put banners outside his house when we find out excatley which one it is but i will not resort to violence i am better than that and so should u be we want him out but we dont want a name for being thugs either he has done wrong the worst and sickest wrong thinkable and he is scum the lowest form but if we resort to violence to get him out we have sunk to his level and i know i am better than than but anyone who is geniune please do mail me and i will use my own head to let u know or not sorry to people who are not happy with this but that is the way it is

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Celtickiller

He shouldn't be out, as well as the horrific crime he comitted, he is the prime suspect in the disappearance of several other women.

I live near where he is reported to be setting up home, I for one will shoot him dead should he appear on or near my property. It's my duty to protect my wife and daughters.

For those of you who think I'm being dramatic, I'm serious.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Innocent until proven guilty, and all that.

Plus, the man has served his time in prison. Leave him get on with his life now and lets not have a witch hunt because he may have been involved in other cases or abuse him because of this or having comitted crimes. Unless there is concrete evidence, its unfair to brand anybody as having committed or possibly commited a crime.

Just my take on it. Seems that we have no regard for the justice system judging by the attitude expressed within the forum here.

Sully without getting in to a flame war, would you have that attitude if he did what he did to your sister/daughter/mother/friend ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Sully without getting in to a flame war, would you have that attitude if he did what he did to your sister/daughter/mother/friend ?

I completely understand peoples frustration, and id be infuriated as well - but thats because we never think straight when it happens to us. Sometimes it takes someone outside the box to point it out. If I was effected, I would prefer I was not irreational and terrorising someone that could possibly end up with me being arrested.

He committed a crime, he served his sentance, and he has been judged as serving his time. Suspected on others or not - the crime was paid for. Let the Guards do their job on confirming suspicons and the public get on with their life - even if its with a cautious eye. I'm not asking everybody to hold "Welcome Home" partys or cook him little meals to welcome him home - leave him be, and get on with your own lives also.

A witchunt never does anyone any benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,024 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

yes, the minister for justice is going to circumvent a judge's and prison board's decision because people joined a facebook page. that, i'm really sorry to say, ranks as more a naive statement (and indeed campaign) than the whole thierry henry thing.

People commit crimes, people are convicted of crimes, judges weigh up all the evidence and attempt to impose an unbiased sentence. After serving time in prison, people are judged on those years and if they have not caused much, or any, trouble in prison, fulfilled certain obligations they are rewarded with time taken off their sentence.

This is not a new system introduced for larry murphy, it is a fact of the irish legal system... and as much as we all love to bitch and moan about the irish prison system, ireland is still ranked as one of the safer countries and europe and so the world.

get over it.
    Yes however in this case "good behaviour" means he kept his head down for 10 years, never opened his mouth during questioning in relation to other crimes, never showed any remorse for what he was convicted of, not taking part in any rehab for his crimes and shunning all therapy. Basically he sat there for 10 years and has now been unleashed upon the public. THis man is dangerous. Failure to take part in rehab should mean "bad behaviour".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Sully wrote: »

Just my take on it. Seems that we have no regard for the justice system judging by the attitude expressed within the forum here.

How on earth can we? his sentence was a joke had he even served the full length of it.

the germ doesn´t deserve to be alive let alone living where he likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Maybe it might be worth noting that he wasn't on early pre-release for 3 days in Hacketstown that was a completely false rumour. He has not been living in Hacketstown for 3 days a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I don't think anyone is disputing the severity of what he done because it was a disgusting thing to do and his sentence in my mind was far too short for a crime like this.

However people need to stop this blind rage mentality. Lynch mobs etc won't solve anything and certainly won't result in him being sent back to prison again and thats a fact. I'm pretty certain that the Gardai will be monitoring his every move and he will have to report to his local station once or twice a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Personally I'd hate to see someone else go down for committing a crime getting revenge on someone who has committed a crime. Wouldn't be adequate justification.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

Yes however in this case "good behaviour" means he kept his head down for 10 years, never opened his mouth during questioning in relation to other crimes, never showed any remorse for what he was convicted of, not taking part in any rehab for his crimes and shunning all therapy. Basically he sat there for 10 years and has now been unleashed upon the public. THis man is dangerous. Failure to take part in rehab should mean "bad behaviour".

Abosolutely. He should and could be locked up indefinitely. If Fianna Filth weren't busy making pointless blasphemy laws or pumping up the property bubble in recent years they could have easily enact legislation to keep him behind bars.

For example, in California they stick pedophiles straight in an asylum after release from prison. See here. We could easily adapt this in Ireland for people guilty of any sexual offense.

Basically they have to prove they're fit for release by undergoing hundreds of hours of hours of assessment with psychologists. If they are too afraid to face up to what they've done, they stay in there- which is good for society.

People need to drop the "he's paid his debt to society" thing. Ordinary people have human rights too, and these go above this particular criminal's right to freedom.

There is growing realisation that the judges of this country aren't bothered to protect the public. They live behind CCTV lined walls in luxury while the rest of us have to watch our backs. We need to get rid of these people and replace them with a system that gives a damn.

He will be dead by Christmas ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Comments like that are not needed here. We as moderators are here to protect both you the users and boards.ie the site. Anymore posts like that will be removed and if they continue bans follow.

IF he did turn up dead by Christmas, would you like the Guards to come knocking on your door in connection with threats made by you on a public forum?
    (That doesn't need a reply, I'm just using it as an example)

ShayK1
    Carlow Mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Betty-ireland

And pretty much wishing someone dead makes you superior in what way?

Yes, what he done was terrible and his sentence was far too short but he didn't decide he was to be released early. How would killing him make the situation any better?

Comments like this really get on my nerves!:mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 chinasgirl

This thread is absolutely laughable!No offence to the majority of posters on here, but there seems to be a large amount of absolute twats, uneducated,insensitive and downright morally challenged individuals on here! I'm still in awe of some of the things I have read!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

chinasgirl wrote: »
    This thread is absolutely laughable!No offence to the majority of posters on here, but there seems to be a large amount of absolute twats, uneducated,insensitive and downright morally challenged individuals on here! I'm still in awe of some of the things I have read!

Banned.

How would killing him make the situation any better?

Justice.

SV wrote: »
    Justice.

Did your mammy never tell you 2 wrongs don't make a right?!

super-rush wrote: »
    Banned.

Just curious why the ban ?

Did your mammy never tell you 2 wrongs don't make a right?!

Did yours never tell you the world isn't black and white?

SV wrote: »
    Did yours never tell you the world isn't black and white?

Oh they surely did. Just because I don't think a crime shouldn't be punished with a crime doesn't mean I see the world through rose coloured glasses.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

I fought to keep this thread open at the start but now its just gone into ridiculousness.

LOCKED. And staying LOCKED.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement