Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Planet X TT Bike: The EXOCET

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭dreadzedan

dreadzedan wrote: »
    Another point,
    I may be wrong but any one can correct me if i am but
    From what i saw most bikes at the PX Exocet's pricepoint $1049 frameset, do not have behind the headset cable routing.

Except for maybe the felt B-16 that i can remember, wonderful bike btw. very good bang for your buck too in my opinion. behind the headset routing, concealed rear break, built off the same very Aero Felt Da frame. "1899 for a whole 2010 shimano equipped bike.

Was looking at a B12 originally but got the B2pro for a steal, shh cant tell anyone how much.;)

dreadzedan wrote: »
    Except for maybe the felt B-16 that i can remember, wonderful bike btw. very good bang for your buck too in my opinion. behind the headset routing, concealed rear break, built off the same very Aero Felt Da frame. "1899 for a whole 2010 shimano equipped bike.

Was looking at a B12 originally but got the B2pro for a steal, shh cant tell anyone how much.;)

If i am not mistaken most bikes down in the lower end range even 2010 ones
    P3,$3,300 frameset, Kouta Kaliber $3700 sram red components, 09 Scott plasma, 10has but i cost 3+k Fuji Aloha $2700

have the same cable routing as the PX Exocet,except for the felts.
    don't be fooled Exocet is very down in price range $1049 frameset, i cant remember seeing a bike below about $2900(trek ttx 9.0) apart from felts with the said behind headset routing.
    I am quoting in US dollars btw.
    Btw i am not sure but i dont think just because cabling is not routed behind the headset that it is not still considered internal cable routing once it goes into the body.
    What i am getting at from what i have found is that only big dollar TT bikes many times more expensive than the wee Exocet have the routing behind the headset in practice On bikes many many more times expensive than the exocet, but all the ones in the remotely near price range even the 2010 have the similar cabling and break system.
    :) correct me if i am wrong.

tunney wrote: »
    Link to published findings?

I'm not bringing any facts or figures as you have provided the "proof" for my point - that the PX does not have modern styled cable routing.

The only way that this cable routing could be proved unnessary is if PX tested the Exocet with and without behind the headset routing. If you did please do fish out the differences in drag and post here - I'd be most interested.

Not fighting you

If i am not mistaken most bikes down in the lower end range even 2010 ones
    P3,$3,300 frameset, Kouta Kaliber $3700 sram red components, 09 Scott plasma, 10has but i cost 3+k Fuji Aloha $2700

have the same cable routing as the PX Exocet,except for the felts.
    don't be fooled Exocet is very down in price range $1049 frameset, i cant remember seeing a bike below about $2900(trek ttx 9.0) apart from felts with the said behind headset routing.
    I am quoting in US dollars btw.
    Btw i am not sure but i dont think just because cabling is not routed behind the headset that it is not still considered internal cable routing once it goes into the body.
    What i am getting at from what i have found is that only big dollar TT bikes many times more expensive than the wee Exocet have the routing behind the headset in practice On bikes many many more times expensive than the exocet, but all the ones in the remotely near price range even the 2010 have the similar cabling and break system.
    correct me if i am wrong.

I am not fighting you anymore i was just wondering calmly.

Link to published findings?

I'm not bringing any facts or figures as you have provided the "proof" for my point - that the PX does not have modern styled cable routing.

The only way that this cable routing could be proved unnessary is if PX tested the Exocet with and without behind the headset routing. If you did please do fish out the differences in drag and post here - I'd be most interested.

I am also interested in what you think of the Fuji D6
    http://www.fujibikes.com/Specialty/Triathlon/D-6-COMP.aspx
    Can be had for US $2495 full bike. Hm carbon and all.
    Internal Routing, Concealed brakes all around and pretty sexy looking. i think it looks like the best budget bike ever.
    tell me what you think of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCqmPu8raUE

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_OLHSwj3JD54/Sny78JE4PkI/AAAAAAAAADY/u3NwA8oUT7I/s400/001.JPG

http://www.roadbikeaction.com/contentimages/fujitt.jpg

http://usedroadbikes.us/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/used-road-bikes-703662804624736990.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1m1mc1bYEg

cheers:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Good lord, now he's resorted to conversing with himself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

Looks like he only had three hours sleep over the whole thing too!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Jesus, all I said was "Its not got the cables routed behind the headset".

Although it has been interesting.

@Dreadzedan: Where do you stand on compacts versus standards versus triples?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,062 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

@Dreadzedan: Where do you stand on compacts versus standards versus triples?

Off-topic, but I came across this last night:

Bianchi 928 SL IASP Dura Ace DI2 Compact Bike (2010)

Yes, it's an €8k+ bike with electronic shifting and a compact chainset. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Money no object, this would be my TT bike:

felt-da-2010-zoom.jpg

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Money no object, this would be my TT bike:

felt-da-2010-zoom.jpg

While that bike has behind the headset cable routing I didn't like it when I rode it :) Found it very very aggressive, perfect for prologues or the like but didn't suit my body shape for longer TTs.

Some nice innovations on it though. The Bayonet fork and the placement of the rear brake, above the BB and not below (although that introduces problems with dropped chains).

If I had a slightly longer torso would have been perfect.

Mine would be probably be

speedconcept.jpg

The bayonet style forks, the stem and cable routing :)
    But the Kamm tail is the dogs........ 3:1 shaped tubes that act as 8:1 [1]

That beind said I need another 200 watts on my FTP before I'd even consider it :)

[1]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kammback

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Lumen wrote: »
    Off-topic, but I came across this last night:

Bianchi 928 SL IASP Dura Ace DI2 Compact Bike (2010)

Yes, it's an €8k+ bike with electronic shifting and a compact chainset. :)

Makes sense to me. I've yet to see any real correlation between watts/kg and wallet size. I also kind of like the idea that fat old men with too much money can spend so much on something so very wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

what does the bayonet fork mean? is it how the fork is extended up past the headtube?

I'm also really looking forward to the introduction of electronic braking, dreadzedan. That sounds like a brilliant idea.

abcdggs wrote: »
    what does the bayonet fork mean?

It includes a quick release assembly so you can detach it and stab Planet-X devotees at close quarters.

I think it just refers to the shape of the frontal profile

What is it with TT bikes and knife references? Specialized Shiv? Bayonet fork? Cannondale slice? A least PX are upping the ante and naming their bike after a missile*.

Well, a missile I think is named after a fish?

An outdated missile
    "Hundreds were fired in combat during the 1980s."

It includes a quick release assembly so you can detach it and stab Planet-X devotees at close quarters.

I think it just refers to the shape of the frontal profile

More to do with the fact that the headtube is the fork as well :)

abcdggs wrote: »
    An outdated missile
    "Hundreds were fired in combat during the 1980s."

They are no longer used cause the cable routing was all wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

4696_DSC01853.JPG

For what its worth for value for money my money would be spent on one of these 3000 euro !

They are no longer used cause the cable routing was all wrong.
    you're just jealous because your current missile system doesn't have a patch on mine... at this pricepoint nothing comes close and you are stoopid for buying something some much more expensive. have you not seen the syentifik research done? both missiles will kill a number of people. haha down with big name missile brands. yay for the missile manufacturing equivalent of planetx

• Advertisement

levitronix wrote: »
    For what its worth for value for money my money would be spent on one of these 3000 euro !

It would be faster with a Planet-X disc on the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

how do you find the disc or have you only used it the once?

mloc123 wrote: »

Mloc - get a power meter before a disc. PM will make you alot faster than a disc.

@dreadzedan: Where do you stand on iBikes?

mloc123 wrote: »

Only used it once. It's fine. I probably should have bought a tubular, but I intend to train on it (to practice bike handling in windy conditions) and can't be bothered carrying around a spare tub on training spins.

Mloc - get a power meter before a disc. PM will make you alot faster than a disc.

@dreadzedan: Where do you stand on iBikes?

No intention of getting a disc, pointy helmet + **** bike split is enough shame for the moment.

Only used it once. It's fine. I probably should have bought a tubular, but I intend to train on it (to practice bike handling in windy conditions) and can't be bothered carrying around a spare tub on training spins.

pah, thats what you have a phone and wife for ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

Do planet X sell leg implants ???? i think i need them never mind a disc:confused:

This is wind tunnel data.
    A clipping from PX-News with no content is not

j786ew.jpg

Why is drag force measured in grams? Never understood that.

• Advertisement

Why is drag force measured in grams? Never understood that.

dreadzedan should be able to answer that one. Things are so much easier now that we have someone here who knows everything.

Advertisement