Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paneer cheese in Dublin?

Options
  • 06-01-2010 1:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭

Hiya,

I love Govinda's paneer cheese dish and decided to try out a recipe for a couple of friends who are calling round tomorrow night.

Does anybody know where I can buy it in Dublin? Don't think I've seen it in the supermarket...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Never seen it for sale, but it's easy to make yourself. Basically add lemon juice to warm milk, let it separate, and then scoop out the curd and squeeze dry in a muslin cloth. You can then press it under a weight for as long as you want, the longer you do it, the firmer it will be. It's quite fragile stuff so you don't want to be poking and prodding anything with it in too much or it'll all break down into a mush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Would have been about a year ago but I've gotten it in the Madina food market on Parnell st before, just near the entrance to the Ilac centre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Klove

I got it in the Asian Food Store on Mary Street recently enough - the green place with all the vegetables outside, beside the Banba toy shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭StudentC

As the two posters above have said - I saw paneer last week in both Madina and the place beside the toy shop on Mary street.

Advertisement