Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pay UPC bill by post office?

• 06-01-2010 2:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I'm thinking of getting UPC'S broadband service and was just wondering if I could pay the bill by post office?

I would pay through the bank but I'm paying of an over draft at the bank so thats a no go?

So was just wondering if any one knows if you could pay by the post office?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,685 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Hey guys,

I'm thinking of getting UPC'S broadband service and was just wondering if I could pay the bill by post office?

I would pay through the bank but I'm paying of an over draft at the bank so thats a no go?

So was just wondering if any one knows if you could pay by the post office?

Thanks in advance

Did you look at the UPC site ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

They charge an extra 6 euro a month if you don't pay by direct debit. Not sure if they'll even let you sign up without it, but if you cancel it they charge you the extra fee, even if you pay the bill on time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Hey guys,

Yes you can pay it at any post office , just don't forget bring the bill with you as they scan the bottom of the page.

At present I only have broadband with UPC and get charged a €6 standalone charge on my bill , I pay via internet banking not direct debit and there is no charge on my bill for not paying via direct debit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭discostick12

Thanks everyone for the replies, I'll give them a ring tomorrow and ask them about the extra charges and such

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

People should be aware that UPC charge you at least 12.50 if you miss a direct debit. As far as I can see this is not mentioned anywhere on their website and they certainly do not mention it when you are signing the direct debit mandate.

In addition most banks seem to charge a similar amount so remember it can cost you 25 euros to miss a direct debit. Is it any wonder that these companies and banks love the system?

Consider this - UPC have over 500,000 customers. If 10% of these miss a dd payment in each billing period - prob not an unrealistic figure in these difficult times then UPC can 'generate' over 500,000 euros for themselves and of course the banks a similar amount for themselves too. Its a wonderful system. by the way the only ones ever penalised under the dd system for breaking the rules are of course the bill payers. Companies can do whatever they like without any fear whatsoever as has been demonstrated here with monotonous regularity over the years.

• Advertisement
Advertisement