Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barna Waste

Options
  • 06-01-2010 2:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭

Or Barna Wasters as I like to call them.. they haven't done a bin collection in my area for 3 weeks now, due to the "weather". 3 weeks ago, they droove down my road, then reversed back up it without bothering to take one bin with them.

Last week, they didn't even bother attempting it - in fairness, it was well slippy, but that didn't stop McPartlands doing an oil delivery 2 doors up.

Coincidentally, both of the last collections fell on the day before Xmas Eve & the day before New Years Eve.

I'm dying to know what their excuse will be tomorrow. Probably that my bins were too heavy to lift (after being jammed up to the hilt for 3 weeks).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

They collected last week.
    They never come up our lane, we have to leave the rubbish at the bottom of the road for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

Greenstar are the same. They alternate recycling and waste collections every two weeks so I haven't had my waste collected since 11th December. It's disgusting!! I live in an estate in town so I can imagine alot of people are fed up with the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,893 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Barna Waste better have collected my 2 bags this morning..

It was enough of a task trying to get the wheelie bin up my path!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

basquille wrote: »
    Barna Waste better have collected my 2 bags this morning..

It was enough of a task trying to get the wheelie bin up my path!

They took mine too - but I had to drag it up the hill onto the main road last night.. nearly went on me ear a few times!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

lubie76 wrote: »
    Greenstar are the same. They alternate recycling and waste collections every two weeks so I haven't had my waste collected since 11th December. It's disgusting!! I live in an estate in town so I can imagine alot of people are fed up with the service.
    waste is being collected weekly in 2010 it said in the letter with the calendar and that recycling will still be every second week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,893 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yeah, Barna took mine today.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭dardevle

too right!!

shame on the two blokes in the ten wheeler truck from not coming up MY lane to take MY bin in the worst weather we have seen since 1962...
    just not good enough!!:o

dardevle wrote: »

too right!!

shame on the two blokes in the ten wheeler truck from not coming up MY lane to take MY bin in the worst weather we have seen since 1962...
    just not good enough!!:o

Whilst I appreciate the sarcasm, let it be noted that the Barna boys made it down my road 3 weeks ago in their 10 wheeler truck, then decided, "nah, couldn't be ars*d", then reversed back up said road without taking a bin with them.

I saw them do it, rang the office & was told that the road was too dangerous to drive down - funny that they never mentioned the 'reversing back up' bit.

I bet the fact that it was nearly 4.30pm (ie., half an hour's driving time back to the depot for a 5pm clock out) had nothing to do with it. Or the fact that they get paid up a minimum of 3 months in advance for their services.

Yeah, boo hoo to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭dardevle

so the reason they drove down your road and back again in full view of everyone was because they were in a hurry???
    why didnt they just not bother goin down your road at all ...then they would be able to make it back to the depot in plenty of time to clock out!

..or perhaps they tried to manover down your road and decided that it would be safer not to have the two guys hanging off the back of the truck to have to go on foot to each house and manhandle a bin back to the truck and then back to each house...or perhaps they should have no regard for their own safety.

whilst not trying to cut them too much slack, because i always believe that service can be improved.might it not just be a case that it was probably because they are like the rest of us and are maybe struggling a bit because of the weather.

dardevle wrote: »

so the reason they drove down your road and back again in full view of everyone was because they were in a hurry???
    why didnt they just not bother goin down your road at all ...then they would be able to make it back to the depot in plenty of time to clock out!

..or perhaps they tried to manover down your road and decided that it would be safer not to have the two guys hanging off the back of the truck to have to go on foot to each house and manhandle a bin back to the truck and then back to each house...or perhaps they should have no regard for their own safety.

whilst not trying to cut them too much slack, because i always believe that service can be improved.might it not just be a case that it was probably because they are like the rest of us and are maybe struggling a bit because of the weather.

I get it, but it wasn't even icy - it was the day before Christmas Eve, when the snow had just started. Hell, I'd have loaded the bin onto the truck myself if they'd given me the chance, only they reversed back up the road quicker than an Italian tank facing a German one during the last World War.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

were the italians not on the same side as the germans?

Custumor service is non excistent in the north west, specially during the christ-mess (no spelling mistake) and new year period, but usually it bad anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭tedshredsonfire

were the italians not on the same side as the germans?

Several times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

Several times.

Thought so, at least at the two biggies as far as I know!

Advertisement