Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A Special Thank You, and goodbye for now!

• 06-01-2010 3:07am
    Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭

I'm going to keep this short boys and girls. I believe the forum is being closed and put in the attic until next year, either tonight or tomorrow.

I would just like to take this opportunity, on behalf of all the Christmas mods and Darragh (though I'm sure they'll tell you this themselves), to thank all of you who contributed to either this forum or it's sisters and for making it a massive success.

That includes adding to discussion, helping people out, asking your questions, answering them for others, reporting posts and even taking part in competitions, it all went towards making this forum truly unique and special. There was some opposition to the forum, but I feel that we've proved them all wrong. :)

I hope you all had a fantastic holiday season, and hopefully we will see you all again next year for some Christmas cheer. Have a wonderful 2010.

Thanks again guys
    D4RK ONION/Paul

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Happy Little Christmas!

Looking forward to next Christmas already :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

I second that Paul.
    Well done to all who posted and helped out.

May it always be a Grinch free forum. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Wow I didn't even know this forum existed. I'll have to catch up next year...

Please do dolliemix, it's a lovely forum.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,140 ✭✭✭olaola

Thanks a million - I loved the forum, while being extra Christmassy, it was like having a support group for people born on Christmas day! People who understood me - I felt like I BELONGED!!!
    Just took down my Christmas tree in work - will be taking mine down later (boo).

Happy New Year to ye all! And only 349 days to Orlamas :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Lets not get too sad.

Only 358 days to Christmas :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Thank you all for making this - an experiment in some ways - such a success this year. I'm genuinely proud of it and thank you all. My special thanks to those who did all the work - D4RK ONION, Micky Dolenz, Sharpshooter and AlmightyCushion - they all deserve far more than the praise I've given. If it hadn't been for them, I'd never have been able to do it.

Cheers and thanks to you all - enjoy 2010!

Darragh

I really enjoyed it Darragh, lovely forum and a great atmosphere.

Have a good year, roll on Christmas 2010.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Does it have to be closed?

You know that really annoying prat that you walk past on the street on a swelteringly hot July day, only to hear him humming Jingle Bells to himself?

That's me.

Christmas is not just for Christmas you know, it's for life! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭AJ STYLES

it be funny if it was closed right after that post hahah

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Does it have to be closed?

You know that really annoying prat that you walk past on the street on a swelteringly hot July day, only to hear him humming Jingle Bells to himself?

That's me.

Christmas is not just for Christmas you know, it's for life! :)

Actually, you know what? We're leaving this forum open. If you want to talk about Christmas, then please do :)

Darragh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

It's still open!!!

IT'S STILL CHRISTMAS!! Oh yay. Gonna get me some turkey and ham sandwiches, my one remaining Christmas cracker and my last candy cane from my tree and have the best Christmas lunch ever. :)

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Ha, yes, it's open for people to use if they want to. Officially we're in the attic as it were :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Haha, the attic eh?
    Very good! But yay to all for a great forum this just gone Christmas and here's to this one coming!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

The Christmas fanatics will be here in good time! (I know I will)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I kinda actually miss Christmas and everything associated with it. The relatives coming over, Christmas FM playing in the background when we were putting up the tree and decorations and drinking with mates on Christmas night.

Now it's back to college and work for most. *sigh* I miss Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

i <3 xmas

Advertisement