Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best moisturiser for the manky weather?

• 06-01-2010 3:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭

I am sick of this fiasco!

I use the Neutrogena Norweigan formula the day time (with spf) and the night time one. I wash my face with the Bobby Brown foam cleanser with avocado (v. impressed, a little goes a long way, wouldn't pay Irish price for) If I forget this I just use water.

I was out today for a short while and when I came in the exposed parts of my face were bright red and a bit stingy so I lashed on after sun cream (felt very out of season). Was this some kind of wind burn?

Any ideas on skincare for very fair skin in this weather? I bruise/burn/scar easily and already I am beginning to get broken veins on the apple of my cheecks (:()

Baileys if you get this far!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭shanagarry

I find the Rich Moisturiser from Simple very creamy and soothing. Or if things are really bad I’ll use Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Pjays

What SPF is in the Neutrogena?
    I use an additional sunblock over my moisturiser every day. It has an SPF of 35 and it's Dermalogica. I have very sensitive skin and used to get really red, wind burnt skin and everything after a day out. This works a treat.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I've been using the Aldi one for the past 3 months.. people were raving about it on this very forum so I thought I'd give it a go.. My skin has improved 10 fold, used to have dry flakey skin on my chin and it's gone.. it's also a lot smoother.. Don't get me wrong I'm no Sophia Lauren but it has my vote..

It's €2.29, can't go wrong :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭KatiexKOUTURE--

I love Clinique moisturiser and I have really dry, senitive skin. La Roche-Posay have an absolutly brilliant one called Toleriane Riche and its for severly dry skin. It really protects your skin from the elements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

Elizabeth Arden's 8 hr cream with SPF. Amazing stuff.

All the benefits of 8 hr cream, but with SPF - around e35 but worth every penny.

• Advertisement
Advertisement