Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Luas ticket price changes

• 06-01-2010 8:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭

I just bought a 7 day flexi ticket for the luas for 20.40. Last week this ticket price was 17.50 that's an increase of almost 17%. With the current economic situation you would think they would be trying to encourage people to use their services. It's back to the bus for me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,346 ✭✭✭markpb

This came up here two weeks ago. I think the price for an all red zones/all lines ticket went up because of the extension into the Point. If you buy a green only ticket, it should be the same price (I think).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

That is exactly what has happened.

If you don't need the all zone/both line ticket, look at buying a ticket that covers the zones that you use.

The full range of tickets (including those with rail options - not previously shown) and their prices are at:

http://www.luas.ie/ticket-types.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭HappyCrackHead

Its Bull.

I buy a weekly/monthly bus and luas ticket to get to college and work. The Docklands extension was paid for by the State and EU that's Capital expenditure and shouldnt be used as an excuse to increase current income. (Bit of economics lingo there)

So does this mean when the Red line spur out to City West opens in the autumn, there'll be another increase? Or the Green extension to Cherrywood? What about the whole new line they're gonna put in through the city centre?

At this rate a weekly ticket will cost 40euro by the time the Dublin rail system is finished.

To reitterate.

Its BULL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

If you don't need to travel the extra bit, get the ticket covering the pre-extension stops only, which is cheaper than the 'all zones' ticket

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Steo46 wrote: »
    I just bought a 7 day flexi ticket for the luas for 20.40. Last week this ticket price was 17.50 that's an increase of almost 17%. With the current economic situation you would think they would be trying to encourage people to use their services. It's back to the bus for me.
    €20.40 or €20.80?

http://www.luas.ie/ul/Red&Green-Lines-fares-2010(1).png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Victor wrote: »

Jaysus it's worse than he thought...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭VictoriaC

The fares went up on the Green Line - I was pretty shocked as there was no warning. I paid 19.70 for a weekly ticket and only had my 20Euro ready and now its 22Euro. That's a rather big increase. I looked it up on the luas website and there was no mention of the increase at that time (beginning of January).

It looks like you're buying a 7 day, 6-zone ticket (which is valid on both red and green lines) which is why your price went up. If you'r not using the red line, buy a 7-day, 3-zone ticket (for the green line only) which costs €19 from a vending machine and less if you buy it from a shop.

I buy the tickets at the machine which dont give an option for different zones - unfortunately! you would think the machine would let you choose ...

VictoriaC wrote: »
    I never get an option to choose different zones - I travel from Stillorgan to Stephen's Green. And its just a 7 day flexi ticket? 2 years ago it was only 17Euro. Also, its cheaper if someone gets on in Dundrum or further up....

Maybe the vending machines don't offer them (I can't remember, sorry). It seems daft though, most people are not going to need two-line tickets. The Londis beside Microsoft (on Blackthorn/Carmenhall road) and the Londis beside Beacon South Quarter both sell Luas tickets, ask them if they have any Green/3-zone tickets.

• Advertisement

markpb wrote: »
    Maybe the vending machines don't offer them (I can't remember, sorry). The Londis beside Microsoft (on Blackthorn/Carmenhall road) and the Londis beside Beacon South Quarter both sell Luas tickets, ask them if they have any Green/3-zone tickets.

Will do thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

from a ticket agent the 7day "flexi" is €20.40 and €22 from a ticket machine! and if you wanted to just pay for the zones you use then it will be cheaper unless you use 4 zones because the price for 4 and 5 zones on both lines jumps to €20.80. 3 zones on the red line only is €16.50 and €19 for the green line but these 7day red or green line tickets are not available from ticket agents? it all seems a bit confusing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

The full range of LUAS prepaid tickets are listed at http://www.luas.ie/ticket-types.php

It is only tickets that include the Docklands extension that have gone up in price.

There are a range of flexi-tickets specific to certain zones or each line and people just need to research which ticket suits them best.

It is zonal travel and people need to examine the options.

Advertisement