Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hauntings in Limerick..or even North Tipp

Options
  • 06-01-2010 8:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭

I am not from Limerick myself but I am usually in the place every weekend or so.After reading the Hauntings in Cork thread I got intrigued by it and decided that I would like to do a little ghost hunting.Bear in mind I have been mad do this all along and I know two or three mates of mine that would definitely be up for it!!
    So was just wondering if anybody had any ideas of places of interest around Limerick or North Tipp..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭crushproof

How about the Green Man up near Templetouhy, close to Templemore?!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

The Green man?never heard of it...what is it or what's supposed be up that way?
    I live close enough to Templemore so we might just check this out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭crushproof

Hmmm, not quite sure the exact location. Its basically a straight road through the bog and theres a forest in the middle and apparently at the crossroads with the forest track you can see a green man. Story goes that some monk hung himself there back in the day and haunts the place.

I went up once and two of us saw nothing while the other two freaked out and told us to get the feck out of there! Quite odd!

Sounds quite interesting!!I may take a visit to it some day during the week..I'll ask one or two people I know from that direction to head up with me..sounds creepy enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭djrlittleton

Mozzeltoff wrote: »
    Sounds quite interesting!!I may take a visit to it some day during the week..I'll ask one or two people I know from that direction to head up with me..sounds creepy enough!

directions, from templemore go to templetouhy, then take the johnstown road, there is a junction there with a abadonded farmhouse to right ( it this is the direction travelled) various sightings have been seen around this area

• Advertisement

directions, from templemore go to templetouhy, then take the johnstown road, there is a junction there with a abadonded farmhouse to right ( it this is the direction travelled) various sightings have been seen around this area

Thanks for the directions man!!Shall be taking a trip out that way soonish enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

oooh! let me know..

i love mad stuff like that..

but i do also get scared! :cool:

haha!!Sure I am sorta the same!!Sure if you wanna come along I'll pm you about it as soon as I get onto some of the lads about it and get it sorted out!:)

haha!!Sure I am sorta the same!!Sure if you wanna come along I'll pm you about it as soon as I get onto some of the lads about it and get it sorted out!:)

hahaha im all talk,
    Id crap myself if i actually went to have a look.

did you see paranormal activity,
    Everyone has been saying it was so bad!
    But i could barely watch it!

Shat myself! hahaha!

shakencat wrote: »
    hahaha im all talk,
    Id crap myself if i actually went to have a look.

did you see paranormal activity,
    Everyone has been saying it was so bad!
    But i could barely watch it!

Shat myself! hahaha!

Ah sure come along anyway..knowing the lads that will be going with me they'll be a good enough sized group going!More than welcome to join!:)
    Haven't seen paranormal activity but heard there was four different endings to it and I heard it was ****..however I should give it a watch regardless of what people think of it..

Actually if anyone from Tipp is reading this aswel..could anyone tell me where exactly the location of "The Haunted Gates" in Borrisoleigh are?Are they actually in the village or out in the surrounding areas?would like to take a trip up that way too..

• Advertisement

Ah sure come along anyway..knowing the lads that will be going with me they'll be a good enough sized group going!More than welcome to join!:)
    Haven't seen paranormal activity but heard there was four different endings to it and I heard it was ****..however I should give it a watch regardless of what people think of it..

Actually if anyone from Tipp is reading this aswel..could anyone tell me where exactly the location of "The Haunted Gates" in Borrisoleigh are?Are they actually in the village or out in the surrounding areas?would like to take a trip up that way too..

well im in Dublin firstly!

and secondly,
    what a random hour to be looking up things like this!!
    but then again, it wil be daylight soon, couldnt be scary then!:o

shakencat wrote: »
    well im in Dublin firstly!

and secondly,
    what a random hour to be looking up things like this!!
    but then again, it wil be daylight soon, couldnt be scary then!:o

Ah yesh Dublin..ah here it's only two hours away like(been on many a bus to Dublin..up that way once a month or so!)ah still though I understand the hassle in getting down and all that and organising things!

And aye..I was actually asleep for most of the day yesterday(4 o clock yesterday evening til 5.30 this morning!!)I had to get up and decided to check this for any info!Big into paranormal and supernatural stuff and would only love to go investigate a supposedly haunted area!

Ah yesh Dublin..ah here it's only two hours away like(been on many a bus to Dublin..up that way once a month or so!)ah still though I understand the hassle in getting down and all that and organising things!

And aye..I was actually asleep for most of the day yesterday(4 o clock yesterday evening til 5.30 this morning!!)I had to get up and decided to check this for any info!Big into paranormal and supernatural stuff and would only love to go investigate a supposedly haunted area!

spose..
    what else could you do at this hour eh!

Not alot!I have turned my sleep upside down..no fun at all:(

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭dollydishmop

Used to travel that road daily to work....never saw or felt a thing?

Would be interested in more info on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Ruth KPS

Carrigogunnel Castle :)

We investigated there and some of the team nearly wet themselves!!!!

Ruth KPS wrote: »
    Carrigogunnel Castle :)

We investigated there and some of the team nearly wet themselves!!!!

Checked out some info on it in regards location..it's down near Foynes?
    Hopefully I'll get down there soonish enough if I organise a lift and all that!What's the story behind the place anywho?I looked it up but came up with nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭AI

Its worth a visit just for the view
    http://www.abandonedireland.com/Carrigogunnel.html
    :)

AI wrote: »
    Its worth a visit just for the view
    http://www.abandonedireland.com/Carrigogunnel.html
    :)

The story behind it seems pretty cool..I may give it a visit!Definitely checking out The Greenman though!Talking to some friends about it and they said they would be up for it anyway.May be waiting until the end of Feburary to do it though..

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Ruth KPS

Just remember with Carrigogunnel...It's on top of a hill so climbing is a tad bit of a must lol :D

But we did have a fantastic night there!

• Advertisement

no bothers sure...I live in the hills anyway so well used to the walking:D

Advertisement