Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greys Anatomy is Wrong!!

Options
  • 06-01-2010 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭

This is my first year living with my girlfriend and last night I was subjected to watching an entire episode of Grey's anatomy.

I must say I found it awful! The show consisted of every character major or minor crying their eyes out for most of the show. People crying so much they couldn breathe. It also pushes how difficult it is to be a doctor ( I don't argue this but it was highlighted 4 or 5 times in 1 episode, we get it!)

The show also has had a worried mother in with her son who had growing pains and he had fainted on the soccer pitch! Needless to say 20mins later he was fighting for his life. Does this show not cause ppl to worry about the physical health as iv been told this can occur in most shows. In all I think peoples mental health are affected by this show and that it can cause ppl to worry about the slightest symtom from a headache to growing pains!

The show also had a english girl in a speedboat accident who had her arms and leg cut off. She was able to be stitched back together only to be so pissed off that she would rather have died! Wow, how uplifting!
    To me its a show that consists of death, loss, hardship, cancer, fatal rare illnesses, freak accidents and crying doctors!

I understand this is high in the rating but dont ppl wana watch something a little more positive on a tuesday night after a hard days work. Thank god for Desperate housewives!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Thank god for Desperate housewives!

You take that back right now! Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy back to back is the reason I have two TVs in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Try watching House.

Legs and arms cut off? Must be Lupus.
    Difficulty breathing? Test for Lupus.
    Faint on soccer pitch? Lupus.
    Crying excessively? Yup, Lupus.

:D:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

You take that back right now! Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy back to back is the reason I have two TVs in the house.

haha! I can see why you wouldn watch, but I kinda like it plus EVA LONGORIA is in it!

Off topic: We used to play poker on a tuesday night with the tv on in the backround, had to stop coz everyone kept looking back to the tv everytime gabriella was on screen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Pretty_Pistol

It may make people more conscious of the slightest symtom and jump to conclusions but sure all media is guilty of this.

Grey's isn't usually as bad as last night. Tbh, I prefer watching these shows rather than the news. The News is probably the most depressing programme on the TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

House is the real scaremonger imo.

A runny nose? coughing? You have some rare form of super cancer we pulled from some random medical textbook.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Have 2 TVs in one room because of shows like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

phasers wrote: »

A runny nose? coughing? You have some rare form of super cancer we pulled from some random medical textbook.

And its always cancer.

OP its not always crying. This was a particularly special episode.

Its much worse when they are talking/shagging each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭TobyZiegler

In fairness not every episode is as depressing as that at all! They had just killed off a character that was in the last 5 seasons so it to be kind of dramatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Completely agree with you OP.

Loved the first series of Grey's Anatomy but after that it was like every single character started taking themselves way too seriously. It's like they got different writers on board. I stopped watching it after series 1.

Last night I had it on cos I was watching Nurse Betty beforehand. Wasn't reall paying attention to it cos I was reading the paper. About five minutes in one of the surgeons was crying in a really disturbing way and it wouldn't stop so I had to turn it off!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I haven't watch Grey's in a while. The last time all I saw was allot of melodramatics followed by some forced comedy that just didn't work.

These shows are ruining TV. Well for me at least. They seem to be really popular.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Mr E wrote: »
    Try watching House.

It's never Lupus!:D

Poochie05 wrote: »
    It's never Lupus!:D

You should never rule anything out, especially Lupus

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

And now I'm reminded of 'Supernatural' and the fantastic, spot-on, parody that they did of "Grey's Anatomy". If you don't watch "Supernatural" use this as an excuse to watch all five seasons to find out the episode I'm talking about!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,900 ✭✭✭✭Basq

ixoy wrote: »
    And now I'm reminded of 'Supernatural' and the fantastic, spot-on, parody that they did of "Grey's Anatomy". If you don't watch "Supernatural" use this as an excuse to watch all five seasons to find out the episode I'm talking about!
    Don't you mean Dr Sexy M.D.?

"Seriously, you are brilliant, you know that, and a coward. You're a brilliant coward."

Directly from Ellen Picolo's mouth! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

I must say I found it awful! The show consisted of every character major or minor crying their eyes out for most of the show. People crying so much they couldn breathe.

It was GEORGE!!!!!!:(

The show also has had a worried mother in with her son who had growing pains and he had fainted on the soccer pitch! Needless to say 20mins later he was fighting for his life.

This bit did annoy me so I shall agree with you on this part.
    But I don't think it makes folks wonder...unless I had pains similar to the character I wouldn't really notice. Couldn't even remember any previous characters illnesses!
    Anyone who gets scared by that crap needs a bit of cop on.
    Plus everyone should go for yearly check ups anyway so they shouldn't be worried about anything.
    The show also had a english girl in a speedboat accident who had her arms and leg cut off. She was able to be stitched back together only to be so pissed off that she would rather have died! Wow, how uplifting!

Have to say I'd be pretty damn pissed off if my arms were chopped off.
    Would like to know it is possible to have them stitched on again :D
    To me its a show that consists of death, loss, hardship, cancer, fatal rare illnesses, freak accidents and crying doctors!

It's a major hospital, those kind of things happen in hospitals. :D
    I understand this is high in the rating but dont ppl wana watch something a little more positive on a tuesday night after a hard days work.

Depression all the WAY!!!
    :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

thank god the worst my wife subjects me to is the ghost whisperer. she likes the stories, i like jennifer love's hugetits.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,900 ✭✭✭✭Basq

thank god the worst my wife subjects me to is the ghost whisperer. she likes the stories, i like jennifer love's hugetits.
    Descriptive and with nice word-play on her name... me likes! :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Jennifer Love Hugetits has long been her internet name!
    I 100% agree with the OP, Grey's and Desperados are DIRE shows!!....i'd also agree Grey's was best in series one, which i watched.....it's just utter dribble now.

Compared to this Gossip Girl is Emmy winning stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭994

phasers wrote: »

Or telling people that doctors carry out dangerous procedures on a whim and routinely violate medical ethics. And that all doctors are also radiologists :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭chocgirl

You just chose a bad episode to start with!

It can be really good if you don't take it too seriously and don't concentrate on the obvious medical mistakes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

994 wrote: »
    Or telling people that doctors carry out dangerous procedures on a whim and routinely violate medical ethics. And that all doctors are also radiologists :rolleyes:

hausr.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

HAA!!

I want to thank that post ten times!!

Excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Never watched Casualty then? Massive injuries from a car crash? Harsh, but you know they'll survive. In feeling "a bit funny"? Yeah, they've got 45 minutes left to live.

(Note: Haven't watched Casualty in about 8 years, it may have changed in that time. :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

Yeah, thought it was a sh!t episode. Thank gawd for DH!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Unwilling

Hi

I agree, but if it wasn't what people wanted to watch, it wouldn't be in season 6.

Hahah love the House reference. I've watched that like three times and in every episode the initial diagnosis was LUPUS!!

Have college Tuesdays so don't get to see either Greys or Desperates, but do record them for viewing later.

SO NO SPOILERS :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Mr E wrote: »
    Try watching House.

dissing house is wrong!

dr-remy-radley1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    It was GEORGE!!!!!!:(

I've seen major characters killed off in tv series before (Sopranos, Lost, Rescue Me, Buffy jez even in soaps) and never have seen such an excessive and cringing out pour off grief. This also dragged on for the entire episode and possibly the next, tho I wont be watching! I've seen more poignant moments in an episode of scrubs. This maybe how people react to loss of a co-worker and friend who in their right minds wants to see that for an hour!

[/quote]
    Plus everyone should go for yearly check ups anyway so they shouldn't be worried about anything.[/quote]

I agree people should but they dont.

[/quote]
    It's a major hospital, those kind of things happen in hospitals. :D[/quote]

I wonder, Id like an actually Doctor to tell me what they think of the show.

[/quote]
    Depression all the WAY!!!
    :cool:[/quote]

I find people may like this show coz then enjoy watching other ppl with problems worse than their own, making their lives much seem much better!

amacachi wrote: »
    Never watched Casualty then? Massive injuries from a car crash? Harsh, but you know they'll survive. In feeling "a bit funny"? Yeah, they've got 45 minutes left to live.

(Note: Haven't watched Casualty in about 8 years, it may have changed in that time. :pac:)

Casualty is brilliant. :D

Person driving with mobile phone to the ear while going to the hospital. Drops pen on floor. Goes searching for pen while continuing to drive and speak on the phone. Cut to large Lorry with a shipment of cars heading towards them. I wonder whats going to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

Hee, its never ever lupus on House. Yet they almost always suggest it. It has to be a joke at this stage.

There are only so many musical montages set to people weeping that I can take. So I refuse to watch Grey's Anatomy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

You should watch Bodies if you want some really depressing medical drama.

Advertisement