Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greys Anatomy is Wrong!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

In fairness, you watched an episode that was only ever going to be like that. Try watching some of the earlier seasons (although not season 4 because that just sucked).

It's not my favourite medical drama - ER would still win that battle - but I can't say it's ever caused me to be hypochondriacal in any kind of major way.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

You should watch Bodies if you want some really depressing medical drama.

Absolutely brilliant series from the BBC. They should have axed Casualty in replace of this show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

Mr E wrote: »
    Try watching House.

Legs and arms cut off? Must be Lupus.
    Difficulty breathing? Test for Lupus.
    Faint on soccer pitch? Lupus.
    Crying excessively? Yup, Lupus.

:D:p

I know this shows my obsession, but House has said it's never lupus - remember when he hid his secret stash of vicoden in the book on Lupus?

It's always Paraneo-plastic syndrome! Or fungus.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

I've seen major characters killed off in tv series before (Sopranos, Lost, Rescue Me, Buffy jez even in soaps) and never have seen such an excessive and cringing out pour off grief.

The bits about the minor characters crying was silly and not needed.
    The last part where Torres is in hysterics at her flat well that was annoying!
    But the first lot of crying at the start was grand.

I agree people should but they dont.
    I will practise what I preach and go for one this month!

I wonder, Id like an actually Doctor to tell me what they think of the show.

Well look at ER and some of the mad crazy freak accidents that came through their doors.
    In a city alot of things like that happen. In fairness though I don't know Seattles crime rate but I'm surprised more stabbings and gun shots are coming through the doors of Seattle Grace!
    I find people may like this show coz then enjoy watching other ppl with problems worse than their own, making their lives much seem much better!

You know me so well ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Wasn't a great first episode for you to have seen OP.

Remember at the beginning when Meredith was going on about the 5 stages of grieving - denying, anger, questioning, acceptance & can't remember the other one. I think they were trying to show different people going through different stages or something like that;
    'it can't be george because that person is too tall' & later them all laughing at the funeral - denial
    Torres & the chief fighting -anger
    The mother asking the Dr w/ the red hair - questioning
    Torres breaking down - depression
    blah blah

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Can't you go out for a walk whenever she's watching MacGyver Grey's Anatomy and come back refreshed and more in love with her than ever?

That'd sort out your problem Sideshow Bob Pickarooney.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Can't you go out for a walk whenever she's watching MacGyver Grey's Anatomy and come back refreshed and more in love with her than ever?

That'd sort out your problem Sideshow Bob Pickarooney.

Haha!! Sideshow bob taking Homers advice, classic!

Homer: Whenever Marge turns on one of her ``non-violent'' programs, I take a walk. I go to a bar, I pound a few, then I stumble home in the mood for looooove.

When the snow lets up I may just do that!

Advertisement