Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android (hero) predictive text

• 06-01-2010 11:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭

this is one if the few things that annoys me about this phone, so hopefully its just me using it incorrectly

firstly, i have my phone set to use the phone keyboard when in portrait mode as i find the qwerty to be way to hit and miss

anyone familiar with the phone will know that the top text entry bar is used for entering web addresses, emails addresses, contact names, search terms etc
    the bottom one is used for entering text - emails, facebook update, sms, etc

does anyone know why predictive text is not allowed in the top bar, it always reverts to the normal phone style which is a pain for pretty much everything

interestingly, if i use the scrollwheel to highlight the "go" or "search" button i can type a search term using predictive text and then click the trackball to enter it as a search term, then "go" again to search for it.

this is way too many buttons for me, does anyone know where the setting is to enable T9 in the address/search bar?

Advertisement