Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeroll in the Fitz?

Options
  • 06-01-2010 12:09pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Just reading through the stickies and see that the Fitz do freerolls every Thurs. But those threads are quite old. I'm just wondering if they still do this? I need to get some live experience!! :)

Thanks.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Sadly not. THey were quite the experience back in the day, but it has been years since they ran.

Voodoo run low buyin tournaments, the Jackpot has a €20 freezeout, and the Fitz itself has a €30 freezeout on Sunday afternoons. All of these are cheap and social ways to get a bit of playing time in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Oliver1985

The 20euro rebuy on a wednesday in the fitz used to get a good crown! Not sure if it still runs been a while since I have been in there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭smurph

Hi Folks,

Just reading through the stickies and see that the Fitz do freerolls every Thurs. But those threads are quite old. I'm just wondering if they still do this? I need to get some live experience!! :)

Thanks.

Nop not any more
    They used to do freerolls on Thursday nights for tickets into €270 End of Month Game, which at the time, was one of the biggest games around (in buy-in terms),,, things sure have changed on waltons mountains. They have a detailed schedule of the tournaments on their website here

You can also text the Club on +353 87 7804916 and they will reply with details of that days tournament or alternatively you can phone them on +353 1 6114677 for further information.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

That's a shame, from reading on here it seemed like great craic!

Where abouts is the voodoo?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

It is on the North Quays, backing onto Smithfield. It is where the olld Voodoo Lounge pub used to be, before you get to the four courts as you are heading into town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭ionapaul

That's a shame, from reading on here it seemed like great craic!

I miss them :( Poker's not the same, the Fitz Freerolls are dead and gone...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Aaron Quay

Ah I know the old Voodoo Lounge.

I'm in Tallaght so might stick to the local places for now, seems to be a couple around.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭spectre

ahh unlimited 10 euro rebuys; those were the days. I remember looking on in shock as the omipresent table degen was rebuying for the 15th time after moving in on the blind.

Little did I know I was destined to become one of those degens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Suited

Ah I know the old Voodoo Lounge.

I'm in Tallaght so might stick to the local places for now, seems to be a couple around.

Luas stop is right behind the Voodoo- So if you bust out u can get it home and if you cash, blow it on a cab :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭spoofingjam

spectre wrote: »

Little did I know I was destined to become one of those degens.

+1

So far I've only played for playmoney online. Do you guys think it would be beneficial to deposit $10-$20 just to experience a real money game, or should I just jump straight in to a live game?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭applehunter

The Jackpot on a Thursday night has a €20 +3 FO game that attracts good numbers.

Very cheap way to learn the ropes of live poker in a friendly atmosphere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭MegaSin

So far I've only played for playmoney online. Do you guys think it would be beneficial to deposit $10-$20 just to experience a real money game, or should I just jump straight in to a live game?

Play money is in no way anything like the feel of a live/money game.

I say head into the voodoo on a tuesday I think the red line will bring yapretty much to it and enjoy poker for how it's meant to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭wannabecraig

Yeah, you need to deposit real money, I tell you want, deposit about 100 euro, let me know the site and screename and I'll sit at your table and let you know what I think. I'll keep my identity hidden for now though, it's better than way. :)

lol, if only I had €100! :)

I did deposit $20 though, only 10 minutes ago! Sticking to low stakes 0.01/0.02. Started at $1, currently @ $2.03. Aw yeah, high roller!:cool::D

*edit* Full Tilt - Magic_Marker01, you're welcome to have a look, I appreciate all and any advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭wannabecraig

K, was just kidding. But you're doing the right thing... Don't pay above your bankroll and sign up to a proper poker strat' site... www.twoplustwo.com is decent, keep away from the BBV section. Maybe stay around this section for a while.
    http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/69/micro-stakes-pl-nl/
    http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/32/beginners-questions/

Oh, and you're playing full-ring... Keep it tight.
    Prob better off at six max but whatever you're comfortable with is good for now.

Advertisement