Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Training Course for Digital SLR?

• 06-01-2010 12:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just bought the wife a Canon 500d SLR for christmas.

At the moment she's just using the default auto setting but would like to do more.

She's particularly interested in photographing the kids and just wants to take better photos and utilise the functionality of the camera a bit more.

Could anyone suggest a traning course she could go on (Dublin preferably)- maybe a half day or full day type thing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭hoganpoly

http://www.iop.ie/ is the best so i hear, or i think if you bought a new canon they included free training maybe on certain models though,enjoy

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Does she understand Exposure?

If she doesn't then you may be better off getting her a book which is highly reccomended here called Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson.

That will help her to get to know how cameras operate & then the manual that came with the camera will make more sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

She and I know nothing about exposure!!! We point and click really!

Might buy her the book in advance too then! Just looking up the canon website and it looks like she does get a free half day so we'll take it from there.

They are also giving €55 cashback from the website for this camera.

Quite a good deal all told.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

From what I hear about that book it will be a very good investment. Get it & read up a bit before doing the half day course, that way you will get more from that training as you will have some grasp of the way light works already.

You can also ask here for assistance. It's all part of the learning & is a lot of fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

Thanks a lot guys. I'll be asking you about the correct zoom lens next....

• Advertisement

durkadurka wrote: »
    Thanks a lot guys. I'll be asking you about the correct zoom lens next....

.... and we will be asking why you need it? :D

Advertisement