Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chraging and using new phone

• 06-01-2010 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭

Just a quick one, is it advisable/inadvisable to switch on and play with a new phone when it is being charged for the first time?

I want to play :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭LittleLebowski

As its nearly 5pm Im sure you have already exausted the battery but the best thing to do is to charge it fully and then let it almost die before charging again and repeat several time. This way you will get the most out of your battery in the long run.

Not as fun but its the smart way to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

As its nearly 5pm Im sure you have already exausted the battery but the best thing to do is to charge it fully and then let it almost die before charging again and repeat several time. This way you will get the most out of your battery in the long run.

Not as fun but its the smart way to do it.
    This was really only relevant with the old nikel-cadmium(sp?) batteries.
    Pretty sure all phones use lithium-ion now and its not necessary since they hold their charge much better (still hear phone shops giving out the old advice though :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭paudie

I actually just did some work for the three hours it took, with occasional longing looks at my new Hero.

Spent the rest of the afternoon trying to figure it out.

The screen does not respond to gloved hands, something to do with the capcitance I guess?

Thanks for the replies anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

paudie wrote: »
    I actually just did some work for the three hours it took, with occasional longing looks at my new Hero.

Spent the rest of the afternoon trying to figure it out.

The screen does not respond to gloved hands, something to do with the capcitance I guess?

Thanks for the replies anyway.
    Exactly. Capacitive screens respond to electrical charge from your body I thinks so gloves dont work.You can get ones that do but I dunno if they charge silly prices or not

Advertisement