Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BSOD on first boot every day

Options
  • 06-01-2010 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

Hi,

From my other thread I have just built my first PC from scrach and in the main it is going very well. There is one problem whereby when I first start the PC I get a BSOD with a memory_management error. I have run the memory analysis tools and they came back fine. When I restart it after this it is fine.

A weird one but that is what these threads are for I suppose.

Lastbuilders

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

What graphics card have you in there? A batch of Nvidia drivers there recently caused lots of people, including myself, to get frequent BSODs on boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭lastbuilders

Graphics card is
    MSI R5750-PM2D1G, 1024MB, PCI-Express

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

Graphics card is
    MSI R5750-PM2D1G, 1024MB, PCI-Express

5750,.for anyone who doesn't know ;)

IIRC,this is a memory leak issue,how long are you in windows before you get the BSOD ?

Thanks for the replies.

The OS boots and gets to the login screen when you put in the password and select login it goes to BSOD.
    Then it restarts, gives the did not shut down correctly screen and normally starts correctly though it can sometimes take a hard reboot to start ok.

The OS is windows 7 Ultimate.

Lastbuilders

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

Thanks for the replies.

The OS boots and gets to the login screen when you put in the password and select login it goes to BSOD.
    Then it restarts, gives the did not shut down correctly screen and normally starts correctly though it can sometimes take a hard reboot to start ok.

The OS is windows 7 Ultimate.

Lastbuilders

Have you tried booting in safe mode ?

• Advertisement

Can try that tomorrow. It is weird as I have just restarted and that is fine and shut down and waited a few minutes and started and it is fine. It is as if it is "cold" when started first thing in the morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭Nollog

Also try creating a new user account and see if you can log in to that one instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

IF this was bsoding at initial boot up i would suspect a voltage/vdoop issue, or a under rated psu. But since your actually hitting the OS i would assume its a OS issue. Have you updated all the typical drivers like graphics, mobo, sound etc etc ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Can you post the 0x error code from the BSOD aswell mate.

Error Details

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 6153
    Additional information about the problem:
    BCCode: 1a
    BCP1: 0000000000041790
    BCP2: FFFFFA8002115E10
    BCP3: 000000000000FFFF
    BCP4: 0000000000000000
    OS Version: 6_1_7600
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 256_1
    Files that help describe the problem:
    C:\Windows\Minidump\010710-21216-01.dmp
    C:\Users\crossonb\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-97344-0.sysdata.xml
    Read our privacy statement online:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409
    If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
    C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

• Advertisement
Advertisement