Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Left for Dead 2

• 06-01-2010 1:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭

I wanted to get this but im having second thoughts. Is it good. I dont play online alot and all i can see is they are running around killing zombies which sounds fun but it sounds like it can get boring

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Get the demo or rent it first, single player is ok but to get any thing out of it you need to play online with friends. Running around killing zombies is great fun though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Only get it if you plan on playing online. There is matchmaking so you don't need to go inviting people - its all very automatic. Very fun times to be had with this. The first one is just as good and cheaper though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

agreed with Tony. In terms of single player the game is ok but won't have too much replay value. Find yourself in a regular team online though and the game takes on an almost never ending life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Stylesclash1702

Ill take a look at the demo but with the fact i barely get to go online these days i have to find a great single player game thats not assassins creed 2( finished already) or dragon age

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

dont bother getting it unless you plan to play online because thats when its boring playing on your own with retard cpu teamates

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Single player is like dragging 3 kids around with you. They're always behind you and not doing what they should. As said get the demo or rent it if you dont be playing online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

I gotta say ive not had good experiences with this game, i havnt played the single player and every multiplayer ive joined i get kicked cause im rubbish which is a bit **** really. Thats just my 2 cents anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭marky boii

Its a very good game get it.It never gets boring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

Scram wrote: »
    I gotta say ive not had good experiences with this game, i havnt played the single player and every multiplayer ive joined i get kicked cause im rubbish which is a bit **** really. Thats just my 2 cents anyway.
    Then go away and play the damn singleplayer. That's why it's there. I can tolerate noobs who are willing to go away and play the singleplayer, but if you cba, what's the point?

OP: Why don't you play online?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

I'd be inclined to say don't get it unless you play online, unless you have friends over a lot and can do couch co-op, then it may be worth picking up.

Also agree that the single player mode should be used first to get you used to the game before you jump online. It'll even make you better at playing as a special infected as you'll see what tactics the computer uses against you which will give you a rough idea how each one needs to be played.

• Advertisement

Slugs wrote: »
    Then go away and play the damn singleplayer. That's why it's there. I can tolerate noobs who are willing to go away and play the singleplayer, but if you cba, what's the point?

OP: Why don't you play online?

why would i want to play with 3 bots? whers the fun in that..

why would i want to play with 3 bots? whers the fun in that..

Bots won't kick you while you're learning the ropes. The Left 4 Dead crowd can be a pretty unforgiving bunch. What I did was I played through a couple of the campaigns first on my own just to get the feel for the game so I wouldn't be yelled at (as much) online!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

We should really get a night of this and maybe some versus going.

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Bots won't kick you while you're learning the ropes. The Left 4 Dead crowd can be a pretty unforgiving bunch. What I did was I played through a couple of the campaigns first on my own just to get the feel for the game so I wouldn't be yelled at (as much) online!

yeah ive noticed i guess i should try out the single player first.

yeah ive noticed i guess i should try out the single player first.

It'll just give you a bit of an edge going into the multiplayer, frustrating and all as it is. I think people are so unforgiving in it because the game itself is so unforgiving, really punishing you for every mistake. Most of the time you're just barely making it to the safe room so there's little room for error. Some people take it far too seriously though. I've been on teams that we've all been playing well, while on the other side the team are kicking people left, right and centre. I'll help anyone to a degree, but if someone's ignoring your help or advice and just making the same mistakes over and over again, then it gets frustrating as hell. Not saying that you are or anything. I can just see how people can get totally intolerant towards mistakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Magaa

Great fun game

who doesent love killing zombies?

Advertisement