Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick license question

Options
  • 06-01-2010 1:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭

Confused over section 4.2 of the license application 'Reason for Type of Firearm'

I own a shotgun and am going for the unlimited license and have permission from local land owners to shoot vermin.

In section 4.2 should I tick 'Hunting' or 'other' and write a seperate letter with vermin control as the reason?

Many thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

id say hunting should do the trick,thats what i put on mine
    if the garda have any queries imm sure they ll get on to you

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

You can tick either hunting or other. The hunting is usually considered to be for animals that have a season or can be hunted. As you are going to be using it for vermin control, etc tick "other". Either way whatever you tick a seperate sheet explaining your reason is still required. So in my opinion :

Tick "other".

Reason: " For the purpose of vermin control". Don't forget to include your land permission letters with your application.

Hope this helps.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Solidchrome

OK- thanks lads. I'll go with 'other' and let you know how I get on- hopefully it will be a positive result.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

if ya are going with the "other "
    do as ezridax said and send in a letter with the application explaining what u be using it for

Advertisement